Not open for further replies.

Twitch.tv/realComplex34

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Twitch RealComplex34
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96914517

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Stuvi

Reason for Report: not understanding I have learning difficulties when it comes to English and Stuvi just slatted on the fact that my grammar wasn't good and how me being from Britain means I should understand grammar and how monolith doesn't even want to consider my staff app due to bad grammar that shouldn't be the way, someone replies when they don't know someone's background kinda harsh in my opinion I use tools like Grammarly so my grammar should be better but obviously it doesn't work as well as it should I just wanted to help the server I love playing on but now l feel like I wouldn't be welcome
Time of Occurrence: Friday
Evidence to support your claim: My staff app
Additional members involved/witnessing:

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

not understanding I have learning difficulties when it comes to English
This is incorrect. You haven't stated that you have learning difficulties in your original post (your application). How am I supposed to know?

Stuvi just slatted on the fact that my grammar wasn't good and how me being from Britain means I should understand grammar and how monolith doesn't even want to consider my staff app due to bad grammar that shouldn't be the way
If you're british I expect them to have knowledge of the language, both speaking and typing wise. If you apply for a job you should make your application look appealing and not just some sentences packed together. If you don't put effort into your application we see no reason to review it in the first place.

someone replies when they don't know someone's background kinda harsh in my opinion I use tools like Grammarly so my grammar should be better but obviously it doesn't work as well as it should I just wanted to help the server I love playing on but now l feel like I wouldn't be welcome
If you don't disclose such information I have no way of knowing it.

In your application you didn't state any learning difficulties, only when I told you that we see no reason to review applications badly written. Here's the proof:

Next time include all the information in your staff report or you'll be punished for holding back information and making someone look bad.

Twitch.tv/realComplex34

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

ok I understand I may have not disclosed information about my learning difficulties but its kind of personal and I don't like to disclose that info unless absolutely necessary and tbh a job application and a staff app for a gaming community is completely different in volunteering my time not being paid and grammar is not a 100% necessary is it? I know how to speak English I have a microphone and easily can handle situations and I did not do it to make you look bad just if someone has bad grammar maybe there is a reason behind it and not just not trying that's all I'm trying to say

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

a job application and a staff app for a gaming community is completely different in volunteering my time not being paid
You're right that those are two different things. However, you are the one that wants to be a staff member so we expect people to put in work to reach that position. We force nobody to apply or be staff here. Monolith is not a kindergarten where you can do and become whatever you desire.

if someone has bad grammar maybe there is a reason behind it and not just not trying
You can not assume that. We've had many bad applications. We give people a chance to rework their application, just like yours, and if they don't take it it's their own problem.

This is the process with every application we go through. If your application looks bad and you don't put in any effort it will not be reviewed any further.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I think this is resolved.

Can't really blame Stuvi for saying what he did with the information he had at the time.
I don't see any wrongdoing or misconduct here.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.