Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesphos

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello, my name is Hesphos.

I´m a new member to the community and joined the server around 4 days ago. I´ve always written off dark RP as some place where you just grief and print money so I was pleasantly surprised that when I played here on monolith for the first time that I actually had alot of fun and was impressed on how well it was made.

However, I have this big issue that plagues me. You see, everytime I join the server everything is okay. Nothing is wrong and it´s bisnuess as usual. However, around the 1 hour mark, maybe 90 minutes something odd happens. Everytime I hit my push to talk to use either a radio or proximity chat it suddenly freezes my screen for one second before returning to normal. Instead of fluid and instantatous communication its choppy everytime I hit the push to talk, this is even more anoying and dangerous when Im driving.

Now I could live with this but what happens next is the absolute worse, 10 minutes after the laggy push to talk happens my microphone quality starts to degrade until the point where every time I talk I sound like a garbled robot that is unintelligible to anyone around him.

The only temporary fix I´ve found is to reboot my entire computer, using the retry command in console doesn´t seem to really work.

Did anyone else encounter this issue in the past? Is it a memory problem maybe? I would like to hear your feedback.

Thank you.

p.s
The gameplay is still fluid, its really only my microphone that acts up.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello, my name is Hesphos.

I´m a new member to the community and joined the server around 4 days ago. I´ve always written off dark RP as some place where you just grief and print money so I was pleasantly surprised that when I played here on monolith for the first time that I actually had alot of fun and was impressed on how well it was made.

However, I have this big issue that plagues me. You see, everytime I join the server everything is okay. Nothing is wrong and it´s bisnuess as usual. However, around the 1 hour mark, maybe 90 minutes something odd happens. Everytime I hit my push to talk to use either a radio or proximity chat it suddenly freezes my screen for one second before returning to normal. Instead of fluid and instantatous communication its choppy everytime I hit the push to talk, this is even more anoying and dangerous when Im driving.

Now I could live with this but what happens next is the absolute worse, 10 minutes after the laggy push to talk happens my microphone quality starts to degrade until the point where every time I talk I sound like a garbled robot that is unintelligible to anyone around him.

The only temporary fix I´ve found is to reboot my entire computer, using the retry command in console doesn´t seem to really work.

Did anyone else encounter this issue in the past? Is it a memory problem maybe? I would like to hear your feedback.

Thank you.

p.s
The gameplay is still fluid, its really only my microphone that acts up.
I have the garbled robotic voice problem aswell. It gets annoying because notbing is wrong with my head set, nor computer. I have to unplug my headset which freezes my computer to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.