Killjoy445

Years of Mono

LV

IRL Sheriff departments don't supersede local authority, and in most jurisdictions work together with local officers without it being a dickswinging contest. They're county/state employees that provide enforcement to smaller jurisdictions and unincorporated areas, and usually have direct authority over the criminal justice system - so theoretically they SHOULD outrank and be able to directly control the corrections department but wouldn't be able to override actions taken in Monoford unless the ranking chief of police called for assistance.

I get why the server is trying to set up the hierarchy it is because of the prevalence of shitty cops.
IDK I think the bigger issue that I'm hopeful there's a fix to once the re-ranking comes out is that there's less people that will RP as a cop for the duration of their time on the server, and there's more folk that will just hop on when their friends are on to allow for heists to continue. As soon as the hit is over, they all jump off the force.
The Sheriff's department can supersede authority to an extent, of course they work together its usually a professional courtesy, A sheriff, who is an elected official (maybe make elections for sheriff) can tell local police they are not needed, (unless its in the city) or they are taking Incident Commander of something ongoing(if a sheriff and a captain of a police force were arguing about who can do what. It would have to depend where the incident started not where it ended). Unless local police has already put cuffs on someone, because as soon as someone is in cuffs and has been charged they are in the care of that officer and that department. Then it goes state police and then CIA and FBI, It's Garry's mod though so I think we should make sheriff an elected role like mayor just as an added thing and then have whitelist for state trooper and carefully select those individuals. I think having an election for a law enforcement job would be kind of fun, Though I don't think anyone should be arguing about jurisdiction. A big thing about who has what all matters on what state monolith is in and if its a fake state, we would have to put into writing who gets what power. Maybe we should make clarifications but I personally would like to see anyone anywhere because limiting a player to one area is boring and does not make people want to play that job.

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

IRL Sheriff departments don't supersede local authority, and in most jurisdictions work together with local officers without it being a dickswinging contest. They're county/state employees that provide enforcement to smaller jurisdictions and unincorporated areas, and usually have direct authority over the criminal justice system - so theoretically they SHOULD outrank and be able to directly control the corrections department but wouldn't be able to override actions taken in Monoford unless the ranking chief of police called for assistance.

I get why the server is trying to set up the hierarchy it is because of the prevalence of shitty cops.
IDK I think the bigger issue that I'm hopeful there's a fix to once the re-ranking comes out is that there's less people that will RP as a cop for the duration of their time on the server, and there's more folk that will just hop on when their friends are on to allow for heists to continue. As soon as the hit is over, they all jump off the force.
Here is from the state police:

In the United States, a sheriff is the chief of law enforcement of a county. Sheriffs are usually either elected by the populace or appointed by an elected body.

Sheriff badges are typically star-shaped, as opposed to the shield-shaped badges of most city police.
Sheriff's offices are typically tasked with: operating jails and prisons, security at courthouses and county buildings, protection of judges and juries, preventing breaches of the peace, and coordinating with city police departments. Sheriff's offices may also be responsible for security in public areas and events.

A sheriff's subordinate officers are referred to as deputies and they enforce the law in accordance with the sheriff's direction and orders.

Randy3671

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Just for those who has not seen it yet

Randy3671

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello everyone, I have some exciting news to share with you all regarding the upcoming changes to the Monoford Police Department. Over the past few weeks, we have heard public outcry regarding the lack of positions and opportunities within the Police Department on the server. To hopefully satisfy everyone, we will be implementing the following rank structure with certain level requirements: Monoford Police Department
  • Chief of Police
  • Captain
  • Lieutenant
  • Sergeant
  • Officer
  • Cadet
These roles will be open to all players, and NOT whitelisted. We hope that the average player can fully experience all aspects of policing roleplay without needing to apply for a special role. If you are interested in becoming a member of the whitelisted member, you will still have the ability to apply to become a member of the Pine County Sheriff's Office to utilize special tools to assist in your roleplaying needs. Additionally, we are working to clean up our whitelist structure. We will be implementing the Department of Public Safety which will be in charge of enacting changes to the department, onboarding new members, and creating additional documents to assist policing needs. There will be specific guidelines to enact any changes, with only the Commander and Deputy Commander able to sign off on said changes. We have gotten many reports of current whitelisted members abusing power, and we hope that this new change will stop any of these issues from arising in the future.