Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: kerman09
Your SteamID:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198175745178/
Your Character Name: Rick Snyder

Which Staff issued the Warning Point: Kyle

Reason for the warning point(s): rdm
Why should the point(s) be removed: This is an apparent overreaction. I shot a man who is stealing a sawt vehicle. RP wise that bearcat could have weapons and equipment that could harm the public. I mean if he rammed a vehicle it would absolutely decimate any car. With that in mind, I don't think what I did was unjustified. Also, the man involved who made the report even thought the moderator's actions were a bit harsh and this is the man who got "rdm". I think that speaks volumes. I don't know if this moderator was sleepy because it is late or had a bad day but his judgment here is clear to be way too far-fetched. Also, I don't think you cant call it rdm since it wasn't random at all, I shot the truck because he initiated by stealing a swat vehicle which is military-grade equipment. now if you ask me if someone steals military-grade equipment that would be a good reason to stop them. Also, I haven't been in a sit at all since I came back. So it's not like I am going around killing people all the time. I feel like that should be dually noted. I hope this moderator doesn't make decisions like the often because this was clearly way less serious than he made it out to be. Maybe its because he didn't understand it properly because he wasn't there I am not going to try to understand I just hope that someone can watch the video and understand from an rp perspective as well as the victim of this situation's opinion that this was minor at most. So I believe this warning point is invalid due to me playing out an RP scenario. I hope I explained everything to understand the full story and I feel the video will help leaps as well thank you for reading this and hope that this can be fixed so I can enjoy playing again. Also can you take it off my notes when it gets accepted so a staff member doesn't get the wrong idea.
video: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/yVUxQvuv7ku3Y/d13376BHRdsX?invite=cr-MSx2M24sNTcyMTE0NDIs

Time of Occurrence: around 10pm EST 8/30/2022
Additional members involved/witnessing: The other man in the video who I "rdm". The staff called him john no idea who he is.
Read, understood and followed warning point appeal rules?: Yup

toohightogame

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

thekylevanhorn

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The Person did not hit you or hit anyone to cause a Code Red. The reason you would have to shoot them for stealing your car is if it was a code red situation. You were SWAT and this did not validate a code red. I watched the whole situation with my own eyes.

thekylevanhorn

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

From 14 seconds to like 19 seconds it even shows you doing a false code red in your own video.

Brad

Monolith Expert
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As @thekylevanhorn said, this is a false code red. He was not a direct threat to anyone at the time. Somebody stealing a SWAT van does not warrant them being immediately shot at. This warning point is valid so this appeal is denied.

Locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.