Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Apollo
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52002010
Your Character Name: Tyreace Josephraham

Which Staff issued the Warning Point: @heyitskev

Reason for the warning point(s): Sexual conent
Why should the point(s) be removed: Monosuite was broken, everyone was typing in local chat but everyone else in the server was able to see it. Somebody mistaken me for someone else and called me a bum, to which I said “who u calling benji bitch suck my dick”. About 5 minutes later im teleported to a rooftop and Kev gave me a warning point for sexual content and told me in the sit this constituted ERP. I think that’s a stretch of the imagination. Figurative language is taught in 3rd grade in the United States, words are used by everybody everyday in a figurative manner to convey a different message than what the actual words mean, so when I tell another man to “suck my dick” I always mean that as a way to convey my disregard for that person. I have never used that phrase to literally tell another man someone to suck my dick because I do not partake in same-sex practices.
My argument is simple, if I were to tell someone “fuck you” does that consitute ERP? And it seems there’s also selective punishment because precisely at 7:20 PM someone else also said, in the same way as me (not in ooc but in regular chat that everyone can see because monosuite broke) “Sug ma dick”. That’s also sexual content, but no punishment given out to him?

Time of Occurrence: 7:30 PM
Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed warning point appeal rules?: Yes

Last edited:

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

A few things here. As per rule 1.8

"You may not talk about anything sexual in ANY RELAM of the game..."

Your warning point was not for ERP, it was for sexual content, which is not allowed per the rules.

While I understand that you were defending yourself, in my opinion this still constitutes sexual content.

On another note, as you mentioned, context is also important here, you have an abundant amount of priors for ERP (One again, not the same thing, but a similar offense), and you were actively contributing to the chaos in chat, despite multiple server wide warnings from multiple staff members that abusing monosuite going down would still result in punishment.

Not that it is any of your concern, but as I told you in the sit, and as you acknowledged in the sit, other players who were doing similar things (EX: the player you referenced at the end of your appeal), were also spoken to about the incident.

What it comes down to is if what you said is considered sexual content or not. I consider it so, but I see where you are coming from and how it's a gray area, which is why I believe it should be accepted on those grounds, but ultimately it will be up to the SA who views this.

Brad

Monolith Expert
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Denied, the warning point is valid per what @heyitskev said. While it is relatively minor, you do have priors for similar punishments, warranting the warning point.

Status
Not open for further replies.