Cranberry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Cranberry
STEAM_0:1:22257744
Ryuichi Sakamoto

@wr1ght

There was some chat in OOC, nothing volatile or anything. Dude who said what (I and many others personally agree with) gets blacklisted. No big deal. About a minute/two minutes AFTER the guy gets banned for a week. Didn't say anything harmful or anything. It was completely unnecessary and basically, Gmod admins shouldn't be power tripping.
Apr 16 2019 approx. 20:45 CST
How am I supposed to have evidence when I expected people to be more mature than this? Like honestly, players shouldn't have to be on their toes constantly recording everything and filling up hard drives out of fear of admin abuse.
The dude who actually got banned, myself, a guy I was playing with, two guys in OOC who also agreed with what was said and probably half the server who was just too scared to speak out against authority.
@fentropy and the victim: @JC Denton

Now that I've followed the format to a T, my personal comments:
I literally made this forum thing just for this post. I didn't get banned, never have been. I follow the rules but I see plenty of others who do as well and they get banned anyways. Ludicrous. Not feeling like making separate reports, but that LuvBunny mod is also way too immature to be a moderator at all. Just saying. Also what's the point of this sub-section in the forum if all the other mods are just gonna show up here (or the accused) and defend themselves and get away with admin abuse? Isn't that corruption? You guys should hold each other accountable and responsible. Low-key I'm gonna be pissed if this just gets dismissed and these egotistical mods learn they can keep getting away without consequence. Give these guys slaps on their wrists @ higher ups, because this server is the only reason I play Gmod anymore. Don't let some dudes hyper over-moderate and ruin everyone's fun because MRP is great otherwise.

wright

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

You are not even involved in this situation, meaning you have no clue of why he was banned. This player has disrespected and cursed at staff for the past two hours prior to him being banned. It had nothing to do with what was said in OOC. He also has a huge history of staff insults.

To make what you said even more ridiculous, the player in question even acknowledged he was in the wrong and that he shouldn't of said the things he said over voice chat.

I have no further replies to this thread.

Cranberry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Bonus:

While writing this:

Whether you agree or not, saying (paraphrasing) "insecure people should not be in positions of power" was not a directed attack. I sensed no harmful intention as did several others in the chat. The blacklist was one thing, but after one mod deals with it another mod should not just outright ban a player 60 seconds later.

I don't personally agree with the OOC blacklist either simply because it didn't really stir the pot and it's not like you talk very frequently in OOC otherwise. Rooflex wasn't targeting Wright and it was taken much to personally. Shouldn't let your emotions moderate - you gotta be fair and just.

on Rooflex's ban appeal that mod already closed his thread within minutes and denied his appeal. I'm not saying ALL appeals should be approved, but why make a section for them if they just get insta-turned down without review?

Also, prior bans should NOT affect appeals/length of current bans, fite me. 1) Are prior bans even just? 2) Idk that's just straight up stupid I shouldn't have to explain. If you ban someone for x, the ban should just be for x. Not y and z.

You are not even involved in this situation, meaning you have no clue of why he was banned. This player has disrespected and cursed at staff for the past two hours prior to him being banned. It had nothing to do with what was said in OOC. He also has a huge history of staff insults.

To make what you said even more ridiculous, the player in question even acknowledged he was in the wrong and that he shouldn't of said the things he said over voice chat.

I have no further replies to this thread.

Bro, he was right next to me like 90% of the time he was playing. He wasn't slinging staff insults especially not as much as you claim. I know it's my word against yours etc. but that's BS and you know it. And he acknowledged he was in the wrong? Well good for him. You should be a bigger man and own up to your mistakes, too.

And let's still not forget another mod already punished him with an OOC blacklist.

ALSO LET'S GET 2ND OPINIONS.

Calling out wright and having him defend himself is like accusing the judge of something and then he declares himself not guilty. Where's the justice?

fentropy

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

You could've handled the ban appeal far better. Dude has a mental illness that while doesn't completely excuse his behavior, is almost always the cause of any outbursts. Mason is one of the most relevant members of this community, and is consistently on showing other players the ropes. When he sees something that goes against the good of the public, he calls it out, sometimes without thinking.
Kind of unprofessional to completely dismiss his appeal without even considering the good he does do in the server, juxtaposed with any outbursts that were caused due to something he has a really hard time controlling. That's my 2 cents.

wright

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Once again, you're making a report for a player regarding a situation you were not involved in. I am not going to disclose the entire backstory of why this player was banned because it's not any of your business nor any normal player's business. Additionally, you were not with him "90%" of the time considering I was spectating him.

You should be a bigger man and own up to your mistakes, too.

And let's still not forget another mod already punished him with an OOC blacklist.
What he said in OOC does not matter. It's the insults he made in-character while roaming around. He was warned prior and continued.

ALSO LET'S GET 2ND OPINIONS.

Calling out wright and having him defend himself is like accusing the judge of something and then he declares himself not guilty. Where's the justice?

I'm not sure if you know how our ban appeal process works, but the banning staff member handles the appeal unless management deems otherwise. I'm defending our staff team as a whole, this player disrespected not just myself, but made remarks regarding the entire team.

Kind of unprofessional to completely dismiss his appeal without even considering the good he does do in the server, juxtaposed with any outbursts that were caused due to something he has a really hard time controlling. That's my 2 cents.

I don't give second chances to repeat offenders, especially people who've been punished over four-five times recently for the same offense.

Again, this has absolutely nothing with to do either of you. I will not continue to argue with you or read ridiculous excuses for bad behavior.

I will leave any further discussion to management. Thanks.

Last edited:

Cranberry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I will leave any further discussion to management. Thanks.

Good, go get some of them. You're not exactly in a position to be judging yourself, honestly. That's not justice

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.
If you have any evidence to show abuse of admin powers or any rules being broken, please feel free to post them as soon as possible.
I will respond to this more thoroughly when I have the time in a few hours.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Duplicate report

Locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.