Michael Garibaldi

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Swagitonic
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53198100
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Michael Garibaldi

Admin being reported: Aaron Vanfudley

Reason for Report: I believe that Aaron Vanfudley did not perform his role as an administrator properly. He removed me from my job as Police Chief and I believe it was abuse because it was not proper or warranted. I will let my video proof speak for itself. I have attached many videos and a screenshot of my actions while a Police Chief as proof that I was actually performing my duties as the Police Chief and that I was actively playing and involved in RP.

Time of Occurrence: October 24, 2017 1:06 PM EST

Evidence to support your claim:
This is a video of the admin sit I had with Aaron Vanfudley. Please watch it from start to finish in its entirety...

This is a video of me Rping in the police headquarters -

This is another video of me Rping in the police headquarters -

This is a 16 minute video of me just paroling around the city as police chief. I sped parts of it up because the video in its entire length is 33 minutes long. It was honestly some of the best RP I have ever experienced in my entire 3000 hours playing gmod. At times during this video I couldnt stop laughing in real life because the RP was so much fun. I was honestly having a great time and I think the players around me were as well. At 5:05 in the video the citizen I had just finished stopping laughed as I drove away after a traffic stop with him. I enhanced that random players experience on monolith by just being friendly and fun. From 10:37 to 14:20 I stopped to engage in “community relations” and talk with Deebo Diggs about his experiences with the police department.

This is a video I had planned on releasing on the forums as a lighthearted comedy/depiction of the server and the players on it having a great time -
I was having so much fun as police chief I wanted to share my video footage with everyone here on the forums.

https://imgur.com/a/Ikl4N - This is a screenshot of something I typed into gov chat I think it is relevant.

A quick side note on my videos- I have my OBS (what I use to record) settings set to capture my mic button when I press my mouse key. Because of this OBS was only capturing voice from my microphone when I spoke in basic chat. Because my government radio is set to talk when I hit B OBS was not capturing my voice when I spoke into my government radio. I have now gone into my OBS settings and set up a second microphone capture key so in the future my videos will capture what I say into government radio.

Additional members involved/witnessing: This only involved myself and Aaron Vanfudley. Aaron Vanfudley did say that he was speaking to other admins about this in admin chat at one point so I am not sure what he meant by that or to what extent the other admins online were involved.

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

During the time spent as an officer from the moment I joined to the moment I demoted you, there was an overwhelming amount of dysfunction from within the police force. Although you posted a video which is 33 minutes condensed of patrolling, there was an entire period of at least 1 hour where you were completely absent. The crime here is the inaction and the lack of connection with your police department. Your first issues were making long, unnecessary statements over the radio. One of them where you droned on and on about your "online girlfriend" and how you wanted us to protect her. You can also hear in one of your videos where @JustJosh asks what you were doing. No one knew where you were, how to contact you or what you were doing.

You also declined to be involved with the bank raid where they were demanding a negotiator. You did not come when 5-10 of your officers were killed. You did not provide backup when they begged for it.

I am also interested in seeing 5-10 minutes of what you were doing prior to the video labeled "Admin Video 1" where you claimed to be "RPing". When I asked you what you were busy with, you failed to give proper answers. We have very short clips of times other than what was discussed and nothing for the time during the police raid. You said you were pre-occupied with your tablet, and also pre-occupied with other misc. city duties.

I decided against blacklisting you because you did make a valid claim. You said that this was your first time and you needed guidance. What I did not get from you was a willingness to take guidance. Ultimately this is why you were demoted from your position. To be Chief you need to be on top of everything, and not just people directly surrounding you. You have an entire city to account for, and since you failed to do so, and failed to pivot your method of RP when complaints came through your radio, you were deemed to be unfit for the position. I highly recommend following @Camoman405, @Bodean Abernathy, or @Bryan1504 as good examples to follow when RPing as a chief.

If you feel I was harsh verbally, then yes you have a decent point, and I could have been more polite and relaxed with you. In the heat of a big gun fight where citizens and cops are being gunned down and we're being ignored by our leader, there is a high level of stress and frustration. The punishment however was not unjust, as you were simply not doing your job properly, if at all.

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

We had a bank robbery and you decided to sit in the office afk?? I called for backup on the radio and you decided to say "I am an old man, I cant" or something along those lines.

Shlee

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

You are a great chief. I saw you roleplaying the entire time. Not sure why you got demoted.

Michael Garibaldi

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I stand by everything I posted originally. I hope that whoever reviews this and makes a final decision on this will take the time to view all my evidence. I worked for two hours and forty five minutes to post this report.

I was trying to listen to my radio but I had it off at times because the noise of everything going on was making it extremely difficult to perform what I was trying to do. Perhaps I did not hear you asking for me during this time. I was just a regular player doing his best to figure out the Police Chief job and instead of trying to help me you brought me to an admin sit and made me feel unwelcome and unwanted. Aaron I really want you to think about what you did and ask yourself if you are truly proud of your actions. Look back at Admin movie 1 and ask yourself if that's the way a helpful administrator should act when trying to help out a player that's having a difficult time.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Report declined.

If you are unable, as the police chief, to take care of your officers then you are filling up the wrong police spot. If the situation requires you to assist your officers then you have to do so. Lives of other citizens go above everything else you are doing right now. You don't wander around the PD or question prisoners - you have to assist citizens and employees in need or that simply require your assistance.

You might've "roleplayed" in the police department but in no way communicated with your other officers. The one chat line in your screenshot is not enough evidence. The fact that you did not record your radio voice doesn't back you up either.
You let go a officer when he gunned down two apparently unarmed officers without doing proper research. You didn't question Josh on what he saw and only listened to the one guy.

Admins are here to assist players and help them out. We are not here to learn you how to be a good chief - that's out of our duty. You have to do that all on your own - and if you are not able to perform your duties to our satisfaction then you will be temporarily removed from your position and you can try again at a later time.

Aaron has handled the situation very well - especially as you are a new chief. Be a chief more often and be more open and reachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.