Not open for further replies.

ezforphiji

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: PUBLIX MILK WHOLE
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:76035713
Your Character Name (If Applicable): DEREK SMITH

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name)
@SpacedSloth

Reason for Report: Ruined an RP situation by using his privileges as a mod to break character. He was not on duty. He was roleplaying in game. Yet decides it's okay to break roleplay because he doesn't like whats happening. Why didn't he create a report like EVERY OTHER PLAYER, when they see rule breaking? I didn't even break a rule. He just didn't like that I stole his car and got salty.

Time of Occurrence: 2022/12/20 4:30pm EST
Evidence to support your claim: https://streamable.com/85p94b

Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?: YES

SpacedSloth

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

First off, I would like to thank you for not trying to edit out the Physgun abuse and UI glitching that you were doing from your evidence video. This helps me provide context on why I froze you. But I would also appreciate if you upload the full version including the sit with @Slick ♔ and audio included as it would also help show more context and more of rule breaks.

Here's the situation from my point of view: A player in near default clothing with no cosmetics and a physgun is FTVLing standing in the middle of the road beaming my car, so I'm assuming they're newish player maybe just hit level 20. They then hop in my car, get kicked out and then abuse a UI bug by spamming interact to hop in a locked car. I am now assuming this likely new player is going to use my car to VDM or break more rules as they've already shown no regard for them. Also as you can see from your own perspective it was locked, the second I hop out you abuse the one second window to get in and attempt to steal my car, again through a UI bug/glitch, but one that anyone might try as it's simply spamming attempts at entry meaning the use of the bug isn't a guarantee you are a regular and know what you are doing.

To be clear I froze the car to stop you from further breaking rules not to stop you from stealing my car. If you just stole my car when I hopped out alone it would be one thing, abusing a bug but still a different situation. However at that point you'd already broken 3 rules and one of them was how you stole it. Now out of full transparency I will include something I did wrong that you didn't. When I froze the car, if you included audio, you would hear me say "Please get out so I don't have to have something done about this. I don't want you to get warned or blacklisted for being silly" or something along those lines. I was trying to let you go which admittedly I shouldn't have done, I should not have offered that to you as it's unfair to others who break rules and are punished, offering you that leniency when others do not get the same was unjust and I apologize to the general playerbase of Monolith. I still should have froze you immediately, but I should not have offered to let you go if you got out. My in-game convience shouldn't let your record go clean and that's unfair to everyone else.

When you were frozen, you immediately became irate at the fact I froze you and demanded it was staff abuse, I told you I was leaving the car frozen here as we had another staff on the way to handle this before it went out of hand, as again, you had already broken multiple rules at that point. You didn't like this and attempted to threaten me saying "If you unfreeze me now MAYBE I won't make a staff report on you" which is also against the rules and another reason I request that you upload the full clips with audio.
While you were yelling at me the threats of reporting me, I informed you multiple times that I would not be handling the issue, I simply froze you to stop you from continuing to break rules, that the method of you stealing the car was part of it, and that another staff would be here shortly to handle the sit. I also mentioned that if the staff that handled it decided that I was in the wrong, then I was fully at fault, I would apologize and I would unfreeze the car and let you steal it, report me on the forums, and continue out the RP. I did not issue you a punishment nor make the verdict on the sit. @Slick ♔ handled it, and determined you were in the wrong, and you were issued warning points.

At the end of the day, it would be unfair to use staff powers to my advantage to stop you from stealing my car. But that's not what happened. It is not unfair to use my staff powers to stop you from continuing to break rules until an on duty, uninvolved staff was able to handle it, which is what transpired.

ezforphiji

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

There was no bug abuse. If you lock the car from the inside, when you step out it gets unlocked (you can test this).

In my view by freezing my car you are breaking RP and taking your own sit. While in character you should behave as all the other players do. You should not be freezing cars while in character it just doesn't make sense

SpacedSloth

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

There was no bug abuse. If you lock the car from the inside, when you step out it gets unlocked (you can test this).

In my view by freezing my car you are breaking RP and taking your own sit. While in character you should behave as all the other players do. You should not be freezing cars while in character it just doesn't make sense
You are ignoring all of my post and still focusing on the fact that your car was frozen. Not why it was frozen. I have already explained that normally one would not freeze their car being stolen, but that you broke 3 rules in a row the last one of them is how you stole the car, which was the straw that led to me stopping your spree so an uninvolved staff could intervene. I will lock this and await CM response.

Last edited:

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

After reviewing the evidence provided, physgunning the vehicle after it was stolen was wrong and @spacedsoth was spoken to and fully understands now that he shouldn't be doing these types of things while in RP.

I thank you for making this staff report as these types of things makes our staff team stronger by learning their mistakes. If you have anymore questions feel free to let me know.

Staff Report Concluded.

Regards,
Shain

Status
Not open for further replies.