Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

In all of my eight or nine years of playing garry's mod, I have never seen a server struggle with cheaters as much as monolith has, so I wanted to open a little discussion. This is targeted towards not only the community, but the management and administration team as well. I think it's time the community got some answers, for once. Throughout playing monolith, I have seen friends, and strangers using the simplest of cheating programs while playing on the server, undetected for months at a time. I am no expert on garry's mod anti-cheat software, but plenty of other servers built in similar fashion have been able to completely stomp out cheaters and give the players a good experience. I am sure lots agree with me when I say that cheating has been a major issue and, in my opinion, the chief factor in the declining player count. Any player can buy a subscription to meth, sixsense, oink, or any other cheat that you guys have failed to detect for years. It's sad how easy it is for people to pickup cheats and use them so blatantly on the server without being caught by an automated system. How can a server so well developed lack such a crucial feature for years at a time?

To Upper Management:
  • Why have you allowed cheaters to become such a problem for the server in the past?
  • What are you going to do to combat these issues moving forward?

So here it is, the community deserves some transparency. Don't leave us in the dark, like you've done for so many years before. You are not running a multi-million dollar business, it's a garry's mod community, so stop being so shady when it comes to what you share with your community.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

We are not going to share or discuss our detection methods, for obvious reasons. We've said this countless times in the past and will continue to do so. Furthermore, there is no "perfect solution" for this issue.

What I can tell you is that we have created a team recently, which is responsible for analyzing suspicious situations and player demos, which helps in detecting people that use third-party software. I hope that answers your questions.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.