Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: Headshot Machine
Your SteamID32(You can obtain this from steamid.io): STEAM_0:1:42642127
Your Character Name: Nikolai Luciano

Ban Length: 1 Week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @SCOTTISH

Ban Reason: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/corrupt-police-and-mass-rdm.25517/
  • Fail Roleplay (Breaking Character etc)
  • Fail Roleplay in Job (Police)
  • Random Death Match (RDM)
Unban Reason: The clips for my ban can be seen in the report thread link above. For the first clip, we had told the guy to back away from the crime scene however he does not comply and instead he drives recklessly into our suspect and us endangering our lives, as such, we deemed that he was code red thus explaining us shooting him. In the second clip, it can be heard that we had started shooting people, however, what happened was a detective drove up to the crime scene without informing us over the radio and he had his gun out pointed at us. I reacted by shooting him as we were dealing with a wanted criminal and thought that he was with them. I later explained to him in /looc that I purely reacted on instinct and he understood. For the third clip in the comment section of the thread, I gave the suspect ample time to raise his hands, however he insisted on not raising his hands and breaking "FearRP". In this situation, we were surrounded by 5 or more guys and there were only the 2 of us, so fearing that my life would be endangered, I did not take any chances and killed them when they did not raise their hands when they were under "FearRP". You can see throuoghout all of the clips that we yelled at all the suspects to raise their hands, and ONLY when they DID NOT raise their hands when under "FearRP" is when we killed them. For "Breaking Character", I do not know why I was handed that reason as i have reviewed all the clips and had not broken character at all in any of them.

Time of Occurrence: Yesterday around 5 AM
Additional members involved/witnessing: Dante Caleno
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey @Nevik ,

Regarding your ban appeal.

I can understand the confusion you may have with where you violated the server rules I listed on the Player Report, I assure you I reviewed the evidence (videos) multiple times before deciding on the rules violated then the punishment administered and if necessary I may go through all the evidence provided again outlining very specifically where you violated server rules. From what I remember from the evidence provided, you as Law Enforcement took it upon yourself to kill an unarmed user(s) despite the situation, law enforcement has other options of dispersal and detainment, the individuals failed to comply under gunpoint in which they received punishment but the act of you killing them was unlawful and therefore against the server rules (Random Death Match) as you could have used non-lethal weapons on these individuals, these acts and your behaviour on law enforcement were also seen to not be in roleplay standards for Law Enforcement and in general.

Your ban appeal only explains the situation and not why you should be unbanned or the punishment changed. My question to you, why should I unban you from the server despite the violations of the current rules listed above which I have confirmed.

Note:
I understand your perspective on this situation and how it can seem to not be against server rules but your actions in fact were.

Nevik

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

As i said earlier, we were surrounded by 5 or more guys and they were not listening to us as we were telling them to put their hands up. If we got out a taser or a baton, we could have potentially been killed due to their rule breaks. So we had no other choice but to kill them since they were not complying which they should have. Why do we have to go through the consequences of getting killed and waiting 3 minutes to respawn when they are the ones that are breaking rules and not listening to us when held at gunpoint? If they had listened to us and raised their hands we definitely would have not killed them. This can be seen by the fact that we ALWAYS told them to raise their hands and waited for them to not do so before we shot. NEVER have we once just shot when they complied. This can be seen by this VIDEO, we did not kill him when he complied to us and used the right forms of action to detain him.

To answer your question, I believe that I have not broken such rules, especially breaking character, which after reviewing the evidence too.

Nevik

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I made this appeal to justify that it was not RDM and it was justifiable that we killed them. The series of events that I have explained are to back the fact that I believe killing those guys were justifiable.

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Regarding your Ban Appeal @Nevik ,

Thank you for your responses to the appeal. To conclude, reviewing your justifications made I do not deem them sufficient and you have still broken server rules. I do not believe the punishment needs to be changed and therefore your appeal is denied. If you would like to contact me over Discord in regards to your punishments (From the Video Evidence) you may do so.

Your one-week server ban will stand, and once returned your three-day police faction blacklist will start.

Appeal Denied,
Thread Locked,
Thread Moved to Handled Server Ban Appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.