Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13255945
Your Character Name: Henry Dobbins

Ban Length: 3 Days
Banning Staff Member: Gregg

Ban Reason: Abusing ad/"harassment"
Time of Occurrence: 4/7/18 11:30pm
Relevant Evidence:
Additional members involved/witnessing: Not SURE

Why is it okay for one group to continuously grief/harass a fellow player and not face any reprocussions when prompted with the same opposition?

I have been called a faggot, bitch, and alot of other nasty names by the same group of kiddies who dedicate their life to nickel and diming my instance to reporting. It's quite interesting how biased the (moderators) have become over the past couple of months because of incidents like these would never be tolerated back in the prime days. From the moment I logged in I make one comment and I get attacked in OOC immediately? Why is this not considered harassment as well?

I'm writing this report requesting a full log of the conversations that my player was involved in around the time of the ban - 11:30 (members such as Kyubi, Albert Chang, Lil squid etc.)

I understand was misusing /ad but the other players were following the same suit.

Apparently by the looks of this report being called a little reporting boy is FAR MUCH WORSE than being called a faggot.

rp_evocity_v33x0002.jpg

I was not able to grab the chat logs from Mono before the ban so if you would please check out OOC/ad/ and general chat channel.

I'm not trying to play down the ban but I see it excessive since there were other players involved doing the same exact thing.

I apologize for saying one statement in OOC and being the butt of a flame session. I apologize for using AD channel to further the conversation from my end.

Last edited:

Aqua00

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

There's alot more you said that you havent put down. You said atleast 4 ads insulting players which were also not advertising. You also ooc pmed me attempting to insult me after you died in a raid

Look they even sit and wait real time for my ban appeal!

Being called a loser and a little reporting boy compared to being called a little bitch and fucking faggot from your crewie is still clearly out of line.

Dear Kyubi - sorry for calling you a loser and little reporting boy. It was uncalled for at the moment.

Last edited:

Aqua00

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You literally started the whole so called "attack" on you. Its funny how you except to insult a player and them not to insult you back. Even after hisoka warned you to stop you persisted.

Starting the whole attack? Guess what - I can say whatever I want on OOC because it's MY OPINION. It does not give grounds to the whole server talking shit to me.

"it's funny how some people are upset over the map change" - then get 4 insults for it. Yeah seems like leveled playing ground to me.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Greetings, @Aqua00

The reason I issued a ban was due to two tickets being made against you for Harassment and Abusing Advertisements which is why I issued a 3 day ban on the grounds of you should understand that harassment is not tolerated. The fact two tickets were made as well is why I issued a ban because it shouldn't have even happened in the first place or continued. If this was sparked by another member first, you should have made a report and let staff handle it. However, the fact you continued and even abused the advertisements purely for the purpose of harassing another member, and following up in PM's with more harassment, it just seemed like you have completely neglected that this is a rule on the server.

Now, your main point you are making, how others did it. At the time, I did not notice what the other player had said, I was purely focused on kyubi's ticket and reviewing your logs to ensure the punishment I gave was just, and that slipped past me, had I noticed those messages, I would've been able to handle it, and I apologize that instance slipped through the crack. But that failure to act doesn't justify your actions at all.

tl;dr: You should have understood that if you were being harassed in the first place, to sit back and make a ticket, and let staff handle it. Harassing in response is not a valid course of action to take in response, and can put you in the spotlight.

Do you understand where I am coming from on this decision?

Regards, Gregg.

Aqua00

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@Gregg thank you for the response as it was written well. Yes I understand but consider this:

[[I believe that if there was someone who intervened early following their negative responses the moment I made my opinion tensions would have been eased and we could have continued our night of RP. I would really appreciate if you would go back and look at the chat logs that immediately followed my statement and understand (the best you can) my position of the escalation as there was nobody to even correct their behavior initially.]]

From here it is clear that there was some player disrespect (and even harassment) just from saying something on OOC as players are subjected to their own freedom of speech without being disrespected. Since I had 2 reports on me (right of the bat!) - it must be clear that their only objective was to get me banned and in trouble any way possible.

Gregg, I have already apologized to Kyubi on a seperate account earlier in this thread - with [this] in mind would you please consider shortening the length ban after some review?

Last edited:

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

After reviewing the ban I gave, alongside reading your responses, and truly seeing how this situation boiled down. I have decided to give you a reduced ban time which will be reduced down to 1 day. Understand that this is purely from being lenient, and understanding the situation fully, as there was more at play than just you.

However, keep in mind, that your actions still didn't go un-noticed. And also remember that staff are here to handle situations, if you feel like you're being targeted or harassed, even as obvious as it is, make a ticket/report and let staff deal with it. Don't let 'em get to you and feed back with harassment, as you can get caught out from the bunch and punished. The fact you did still harass is why I won't fully unban, but I do understand your position, and feel like a reduced sentence would work better.

This appeal has been accepted, ban time will be reduced.

Aqua00

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Thank you for working this out step-by-step and understanding my pov - much appreciation @Gregg. You have also provided very useful insight that I will take into account my next time on Monolith!

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.