Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Bokeltor
Your Steam ID: Steam_0:0:49401459
Your Character Name: Bokeltor Byrde

Ban Length: 3 days
Banning Staff Member: @Stuvi

Ban Reason: Breaking timer
Time of Occurrence: December 22. around 1am PST, i think.
Relevant Evidence:
Additional members involved/witnessing:

https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/timer-fail.16427/#post-99256. Here is the link to the report that got me banned. I was banned for 3 days for what im pretty sure is my first offence. i dont think i have any prior warning points and dont ever remember being banned. The reason i was banned was because i was involved in a mugging with multiple other people outside of blue warehouse, and that mugging on or close to someones property is considered a raid(apparently). So considering that we raided them 10 or so minutes earlier, it was breaking timer. During the mugging i had asked over radio what we were doing was okay, and over several people had said yes, and not one said it was a rule break. and after reading through the rules many times, ive yet to see any mention of mugging on property being a raid. so im gonna post the entire mugging and raiding rule section, and id like to know if im just blind, or got banned over something that im expected to just know, even though theres no mention of it anywhere in the rules.

Forget to add something. I never killed anyone during the mugging, nor did i take anyones stuff. I was just told over radio to start the mugging cause i was the closest. (and the only person who got banned for it?).

4.2] Criminal Raiding Rules

1. You may only perform one raid (against players, the bank, town hall or the police department) per hour. This counts for both successful and unsuccessful raids. Survivors of a raid may ignore the “raid cool-down” if they decide to raid the police department to free crew members or retrieve lost gear.
  2. You may not participate in a criminal raid if you are an government employee.
  3. You are required to leave the area you raid after you remove, destroy, or steal anything of value. You may not stick around.
  4. If the mayor's approval rating is below 30%, or you have a proper In-Character reason, players can attempt a coup. Any corruption made by the mayor (note that this corruption must be certain and not a suspicion) creates a valid reason to assassinate them.
  5. You may not lock your doors right after they were lock-picked by criminals or forced open by the law enforcement. Accept the fact that the locks of your doors are temporarily broken.
  6. Players raiding Town Hall can only raid to kill the Mayor, if the Mayor is deemed raidable. This means the Mayor having a 30% or lower approval rating, or being corrupt. Once the Mayor is assassinated, they must flee. They may not stick around.
  7. During a police raid, only the current occupants of the base are allowed to defend the base. This is to prevent random civilians with no affiliations to shoot at the police for fun. To be clear: If you are not in the base at the start of the police raid, you can not intervene at all.
  8. Killing during raids should be carried out sensibly. If there is a legitimate threat on the property of which you are raiding, it is reasonable to enter with the intent to kill. For example, if anyone at the targeted property has a weapon equipped, the base as a whole constitutes a legitimate threat and you may kill everyone that has not visibly surrendered inside it.
  9. If you are killed during a raid or attack, you must abide by NLR and have no knowledge of the attack. You can not get called back as “backup” or “reinforcement”. Additionally, you can not raid the police department to retrieve your lost gear. The exception to this is the extra life rule for police.
  10. Prop placement during a raid or gunfight is strictly forbidden. Law enforcement is exempt from this rule as long as it’s done to set a perimeter.
  11. Counter raids can only be performed on player owned buildings. You may not counter raid a government building or a player owned building which is currently being raided by police at the time. Law enforcement is exempt from this entire rule.
  12. During a police raid, the defending party of a raid is required to stay within their property limits unless their intention is to flee and hide from law enforcement.

[4.1] Mugging, Kidnapping and Robbing
[4.1.1] Mugging

• You must wait out a 35-minute delay to do another mugging after your previous attempt that was either successful or unsuccessful. Any person in your party partaking in the mugging are also affected by this cooldown.
  • You may not obtain Bank Account credentials through theft.
  • You may not kill a player during a mugging unless they are actively resisting, threatening to snitch or kill on you, or yelling for help.
    1. You may not kill somebody for not giving out your requested amount of money if he does not have enough on him. If you zip-tie them and they lie, you may kill them.
    2. You may only take illegal items from a player’s inventory. Weapons, regardless of legality, are able to be obtained. No more than $8,000 in cash can be mugged from another player in any robbery.
    3. As the victim you have to drop all your money up to $8,000 maximum if you are in a situation that does not go against FearRP.
  • You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.
  • You can however kill and harm someone near and at all these locations, granted that you have a reason from earlier. If a player is farming, crafting, metalworking, brewing, or cooking next to an NPC, this rule is voided and they are susceptible to criminal roleplay. Taking hostages while raiding the Police Department or Bank also creates an exemption to this rule.

Last edited:

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Ban expired. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.