Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: CrimsonFlamez
Your SteamID32(You can obtain this from steamid.io): STEAM_0:1:42609430
Your Character Name: Martin Johnson

Ban Length: 7 days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @MUDJUG

Ban Reason: Racism | ERP
Unban Reason: I'm not wishing for an immediate unban, but perhaps a time reduction. I am fully aware that my actions on that night were way out of line and I apologize for that. I was not attempting to be racist, but I was using racial slurs and being highly offensive to the people around me. If I knew the names of the people involved I would apologize to them as well. What I'm confused about is the ERP part of the ban. At no point did I do anything close to Erotic Roleplay, and I don't think that should be on the ban reason nor should it be adding length to the ban. Thank you for your time.

Time of Occurrence: 4/17/2020 around 3 AM EST
Additional members involved/witnessing: Unsure, there were two police officers around me.
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes.

Last edited:

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Crimson,
So I want to explain the basis of the ban. My automatic go-to with players using racial slurs is always 1 week. This server needs to stay friendly to everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender ect. and is to remain free of racism, sexism ect. The ERP part didnt add time to the ban, I mentioned it in the reasons to let you know I heard your "put these nuts in your mouth" phrase right before I hit the ban button. However, I just do not know if accepting this appeal would give the right image of our displeasure of racism on our server. How can I or another player be sure you will not resort to such vocabulary in the future?

CrimsonFlamez

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Crimson,
So I want to explain the basis of the ban. My automatic go-to with players using racial slurs is always 1 week. This server needs to stay friendly to everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender ect. and is to remain free of racism, sexism ect. The ERP part didnt add time to the ban, I mentioned it in the reasons to let you know I heard your "put these nuts in your mouth" phrase right before I hit the ban button. However, I just do not know if accepting this appeal would give the right image of our displeasure of racism on our server. How can I or another player be sure you will not resort to such vocabulary in the future?
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to explain your reasoning, I can very much understand it and I personally have no issues with it. I also agree with the fact that no one will know if I or any player will act out again. I can only say I'll be much more aware of my actions from now on. If anything, I should not have been playing that night as I've been drinking which is not an excuse but an explanation as to why I was being extremely hostile. After rewatching the footage I can agree with the length of the ban, I was being a huge....displeasure to everyone involved. I can only apologize and attempt to behave better when playing.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

APPEAL ACCEPTED. I feel confident that you hold sincerity in your appeal, as well as the fact that you served a good portion of it. You will be able to join the server again shortly. Handled and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.