Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: ReFL3X
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:33688075
Your Character Name: Mike Turner

Ban Length: 1 Week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @nooodle

Ban Reason: LTARP, No intent to roleplay.
Time of Occurrence: Monday night at approximately 8pm
Relevant Evidence: I would like to attempt to appeal the ban because on Monday night me and my two friends I've listed below were trying to evade police in our car, we ended up swapping cars and I spun out and hit an admin sit. I would like to just first of all clarify why I was actually banned to check if this is the actual reason and second of all I sincerely apologise as my behaviour was accidental and there wasn't any ill intent behind what I did. I have been banned for a few days now and I just thought I'd come on here to see if there was anyway I could apologise for what I've done or rectify it. I believe I have learnt my lesson and I will be a lot more careful how I drive in the future. Whatever I've done wrong I would like to correct regardless of if this is the issue or not but I was spoken to by an administrator about this so I would just like to clear up what I have done wrong.

Kind regards, Oliver
Additional members involved/witnessing: Spook (Chris Donalds), Jacksyl101 (John Smith)

Hector Cooper III

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Oliver,
Before making a decision on this appeal, I would like to address the following

I remember watching you in game, and I witnessed you VDM someone on the sidewalk while I was talking to someone for a report. About two minutes later, I received a report that you combat logged before you VDMed this person. That means that you reconnected to the server to avoid the death timer.

03:42:06 AM - Deaths - acendrion - Roman Leck (STEAM_0:1:87024616) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

03:39:15 AM - Deaths - ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075) was knocked out by Ultera - Jared Ferdinand (STEAM_0:0:90479750)

03:39:37 AM - Connections - ReFL3X (STEAM_0:0:33688075) left the server (Disconnect by user.)
According to the logs, you left the server 22 seconds after you were knocked out by Ultera.
Along with this, you have two other counts of VDM which happened before the combat logging incident.

03:33:30 AM - Deaths - Kispaw - Heenok Roi (STEAM_0:1:78215234) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

03:38:58 AM - Deaths - ? ???????? ? - John Smith (STEAM_0:1:170145715) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

---------
With that being said, I would like a better explanation on why you should not receive the full punishment of a 1 week ban, other than the fact that you are sorry.

Under my thoughts, you are well deserving of a week ban to think about what you have done.

Olysuvo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Oliver,
Before making a decision on this appeal, I would like to address the following

I remember watching you in game, and I witnessed you VDM someone on the sidewalk while I was talking to someone for a report. About two minutes later, I received a report that you combat logged before you VDMed this person. That means that you reconnected to the server to avoid the death timer.

03:42:06 AM - Deaths - acendrion - Roman Leck (STEAM_0:1:87024616) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

03:39:15 AM - Deaths - ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075) was knocked out by Ultera - Jared Ferdinand (STEAM_0:0:90479750)

03:39:37 AM - Connections - ReFL3X (STEAM_0:0:33688075) left the server (Disconnect by user.)
According to the logs, you left the server 22 seconds after you were knocked out by Ultera.
Along with this, you have two other counts of VDM which happened before the combat logging incident.

03:33:30 AM - Deaths - Kispaw - Heenok Roi (STEAM_0:1:78215234) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

03:38:58 AM - Deaths - ? ???????? ? - John Smith (STEAM_0:1:170145715) was knocked out by ReFL3X - Mike Turner (STEAM_0:0:33688075)

---------
With that being said, I would like a better explanation on why you should not receive the full punishment of a 1 week ban, other than the fact that you are sorry.

Under my thoughts, you are well deserving of a week ban to think about what you have done.

Would you like to speak on a discord or something?

Olysuvo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

A response here is fine, I would rather have other staff members see your explanation before making the decision.
Okay, basically I had been having internet problems all night and they are starting to clear up now and that's probably due to the incredibly bad weather happening here right now which is why if you look I had disconnected quite a bit before. The VDM stuff was due to me driving like a moron to evade police and I had literally just been chased by them a minute earlier so it was all accidental. Anyway that's my side of it but if you would like to inquire more contact the witnesses I listed because they will confirm that I was having internet issues etc. They were also with me in the police chase at one point so they can confirm it.

Hector Cooper III

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Hi Oliver,
Sorry, your appeal has been Denied.
Although I can understand that you had internet problems, I still believe you should take the time to wait out this ban. It is important that this time will help you come to senses to prevent you behaving like this in the future. Furthermore, if you have internet problems, a simple fix to avoid breaking rules is just to not drive or even play at all if you are worried that you will accidentally run someone over or have to disconnect at unexpected times. For future reference, make sure you have full knowledge of the rules to enhance yours and others role-playing experience.
I hope you can understand,
Hector Cooper​

Olysuvo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hi Oliver,
Sorry, your appeal has been Denied.
Although I can understand that you had internet problems, I still believe you should take the time to wait out this ban. It is important that this time will help you come to senses to prevent you behaving like this in the future. Furthermore, if you have internet problems, a simple fix to avoid breaking rules is just to not drive or even play at all if you are worried that you will accidentally run someone over or have to disconnect at unexpected times. For future reference, make sure you have full knowledge of the rules to enhance yours and others role-playing experience.
I hope you can understand,
Hector Cooper​
Okay, cheers for your sympathy and understanding ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.