Che'f Boyarte

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Currently, bank raids have been controversial and have sparked the ideas of white listing for cops and more. However I think that white listing is not realistic and is not efficient either. I personally think that a staff member should watch the negotiations and watch if the cops value the hostage's life in a bank raid. Countless times when raiding the bank I have had people run in and not value their life. Secondly I have also had cops run in when in the negotiations and in the orders from the sheriff they were told not to come in. Recently, Me and the hostages got sprayed when we had two guns pointed at the hostages and there was no notice of the negotiations ending either. I think if there was an Admin closely spectating the bank raid, and negotiations that this issue wouldn't have happened. These issues take away the rp aspects of loudly robbing a bank with hostages. Another suggestion I might add is that when someone join the pd job that they must either pass a test or look through a tutorial of different situations including traffic stops, police raids and bank raids. Sadly, In the rules during negotiations of the bank raid for the hostages it does not state that the negotiator must declare negotiations off to the bank raiders and that they must actually value the lives of the hostages throughout the bank raid and must try to negotiate.

Bepsi

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Whats your actual suggestion to fix this then? When a staff isnt busy they usually oversee bank raids anyway.

Most situations are different so I dont see a tutorial or test doing much either.

Also why would a negotiator declare negotiations off to the bank raiders faces. That sounds like a nice way to get your head blown off.

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I would also recommend proper punctuation and spacing between paragraphs, so it’s easier to read and not one big blob.

Luvbunny

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

A whitelisted police force will not happen.

Please also keep in mind that hostages are no garantuee of escape. They only ensure that the police force doesn't open fire upon you, they are not obliged to let you guys do whatever you wish.

jackstacs

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You're not wrong about the issues with raids, but I can't think of much more the staff can do. They work hard to oversee these raids, and it is pretty common to see the FTVL warnings ticking away in the chatbox and possible rule breakers being whisked away to the rooftops.

It's a great community, but at the end of the day it is a non-whitelisted Garry's Mod server. There will always be a few people who don't care about roleplay or don't understand it, and the mods do their part of educating the ones who want to learn and dealing with the ones who don't.

Coffii

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Unless all staff are busy, or no staff are online, a staff member will always be watching raids when they can. And again like Bepsi said, what's your suggestion here? A police whitelist will never happen, but maybe a specific role as a negotiator will?

thtgeekydude

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

you know you can ask a staff member to watch events right? If their not busy and you ask nice im sure they will gladly for the good show, They do it all the time js. Just dont do it in like a report or something stupid, But police are police and you cant really whitelist them without killing the server