Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Good morning,
So a little backstory about me. When I was 18 I went to college to be a police officer. After working as an auxiliary for a year, I ended up dropping out and pursuing a career in the fire service. I've happily been a fire/medic for the last couple years. Lately, though, I have been having a lot of dreams and urges to go back into law enforcement at the ripe old age of 26. With that said, I still plan on being active with you guys when I am available, but my RP style will be changing. Ill probably get more serious on the PD side as to re-acclimate myself to actual structure and discipline. If you guys think I'm doing a good job when you see me, or a bad job, feel free to let me know. I know that this is just a game and all but a repetitive attitude from a game can absolutely transfer into your day to day self. Ill see ya' later, friends. -MUDJUG (Tyler Moore)

Nifae

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I'm happy you want to go back into LE. That's where I wanna go too. I'll let you know what I think if I see you in game. Thanks for your service and good luck getting back into it. :)

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I'm happy you want to go back into LE. That's where I wanna go too. I'll let you know what I think if I see you in game. Thanks for your service and good luck getting back into it. :)
'Tis an absolutely incredible career, @Nifae. You will love it. And being an admin on this server will, honest to god, actually really help you during the extremely in depth interview process. You guys take some heavy verbal abuse sometimes and that will absolutely translate into a talking point in a panel interview when it comes to discussing having thick skin and being able to deal with hostile subjects.

Nifae

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

'Tis an absolutely incredible career, @Nifae. You will love it. And being an admin on this server will, honest to god, actually really help you during the extremely in depth interview process. You guys take some heavy verbal abuse sometimes and that will absolutely translate into a talking point in a panel interview when it comes to discussing having thick skin and being able to deal with hostile subjects.
I hope so. I came from a household of addicts and abusive people. I was the only one to go to college. I want to be a K9 officer to get to train and work with a badass dog or a school resource officer so I can help people that were like me when I was young. I feel like maybe if I had someone when I was younger who was in a position of authority that actually took an interest in helping me, maybe things would've been easier. I never took the initiative but I was young and scared and our school didn't even have an SRO. So if I am one, I can reach out myself to students going through issues and try to help.

Bojangles

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

That's awesome! You should be familiar with the LE lifestyle already, but I always recommend to those getting into Law Enforcement, or generally wanting to be an LEO is to sign up and do as many ridealongs with your future department, some departments will cut you off after a certain number of ridealongs though. The reason for this is exposure and determining if the department's workings will suite your needs. Some departments/counties can be pretty toxic, also make sure to ask the officers about the shift supervisors, especially dog watch Supervisors which you're typically assigned once you graduate your FTO phase.

Anyways, best of luck to you man! It's a noble profession, but does come with a lot of shit that you have to endure/see on a regular basis. Some of which will stick with you for the rest of your life. If it's your calling, you'll love it, but take all these factors in when deciding to give your oath.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I hope so. I came from a household of addicts and abusive people. I was the only one to go to college. I want to be a K9 officer to get to train and work with a badass dog or a school resource officer so I can help people that were like me when I was young. I feel like maybe if I had someone when I was younger who was in a position of authority that actually took an interest in helping me, maybe things would've been easier. I never took the initiative but I was young and scared and our school didn't even have an SRO. So if I am one, I can reach out myself to students going through issues and try to help.
Also, be ready for some very tense moments before you even start. My hiring process went like this: A standard application with 3 references, then a pre screen interview. They called my 3 references, then asked each one for 3 more references that could possibly be able to speak about me. In the end, I gave 3 references but they spoke to 28 people about me. They spoke to people I forgot even existed and found out as little as a fight I got into in the third grade. Then you do a psych evaluation with a psychologist. They will ask some incredibly difficult to answer questions to try to mess you up. You just need to remember that they are trying to get you to break and crumble under pressure. They arent necessarily trying to actually dig into you all that far. Next, depending on state, you may or may not take a polygraph (lie detector) test. These things are bullshit and has been proven to be pseudo science so just answer the questions and control your hear rate and breathing. Finally, you make it to the big show. My final interview consisted of the chief, assistant chief, captain, lieutenant and two patrol sergeants. Oddly enough, the captain was actually on my right against a wall and I would have points deducted any time I broke my focus to look at him. Didnt say a word or nothing, just stared at me. But I passed it and you will, too. The background investigation is EXTREMELY thorough so dont try to lie about ANYTHING because they WILL find out. After all is said and done and you put on that uniform, you will look in the mirror and immediately agree that the whole process was worth it. I'd be proud to answer anymore questions you might have about it through the whole thing so I'd be able to welcome you to the blue line brotherhood. PS: The graduation ceremony is a pretty dope event.

Nifae

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Also, be ready for some very tense moments before you even start. My hiring process went like this: A standard application with 3 references, then a pre screen interview. They called my 3 references, then asked each one for 3 more references that could possibly be able to speak about me. In the end, I gave 3 references but they spoke to 28 people about me. They spoke to people I forgot even existed and found out as little as a fight I got into in the third grade. Then you do a psych evaluation with a psychologist. They will ask some incredibly difficult to answer questions to try to mess you up. You just need to remember that they are trying to get you to break and crumble under pressure. They arent necessarily trying to actually dig into you all that far. Next, depending on state, you may or may not take a polygraph (lie detector) test. These things are bullshit and has been proven to be pseudo science so just answer the questions and control your hear rate and breathing. Finally, you make it to the big show. My final interview consisted of the chief, assistant chief, captain, lieutenant and two patrol sergeants. Oddly enough, the captain was actually on my right against a wall and I would have points deducted any time I broke my focus to look at him. Didnt say a word or nothing, just stared at me. But I passed it and you will, too. The background investigation is EXTREMELY thorough so dont try to lie about ANYTHING because they WILL find out. After all is said and done and you put on that uniform, you will look in the mirror and immediately agree that the whole process was worth it. I'd be proud to answer anymore questions you might have about it through the whole thing so I'd be able to welcome you to the blue line brotherhood. PS: The graduation ceremony is a pretty dope event.

I appreciate your support. I'll add you on Steam if you're ok with that?

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I appreciate your support. I'll add you on Steam if you're ok with that?
You go right ahead. Im actually at the fire hall right now but Ill add you once I get off duty later on.

Bojangles

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

These things are bullshit and has been proven to be pseudo science so just answer the questions and control your hear rate and breathing.

yes, yes, and more yes. It's a shame more states haven't followed suit recently and banned these. IMO, most departments actually know this, and generally use them to weed out individuals who they know won't be a good fit but cannot find a reasonable cause to deny them.