Status
Not open for further replies.

bueberries

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: Bueberries
Your SteamID32(You can obtain this from steamid.io): 76561198115709172 or STEAM_0:0:77721722
Your Character Name: Guiseppe Dejorno

Ban Length: 1 Week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): Heyitskev @heyitskev

Ban Reason: Staff Disrespect (INVALID), Breaking Raid Timer
Unban Reason: No staff disrespect occurred directly towards your face. I wasn't trying to disrespect you directly and although what I said when I thought you were gone constitutes disrespect it's unfair to punish me when I didn't know you were there. I'm sure a lot of people would say the same things about staff when they actually aren't present. If I knew you were there I wouldn't have said it. I can provide a video of the sit where it shows you disappearing and me unsure you were there. I apologize for this talk as I have been staff myself on servers and have felt the wrath of disrespect myself. I feel the punishment for breaking the raid timer is excessive due to the fact that it was a first-time offense. I also do feel a gray line was drawn in terms of what constitutes a raid. A definition had to be looked up mid-sit to punish me. I also felt a presence of aggressiveness from the staff handling the sit towards me for no reason which is why my demeanor seemed more aggressive, however, it was nothing abnormal of my behavior.

Time of Occurrence: 9:50
Additional members involved/witnessing: Carmine Lucchese (Johnny Roast Beef)
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes.

- Video 1 = Staff Disrespect occurs after I thought he was gone

- Video 2 = Kev provides definition of a raid from online

- Video 3 = Felt like a WWE tag team against myself. I felt a presence of aggression towards myself which caused me to turn aggressive.

- Video 4 = Initial "RDM" claim. Shows the raid that took place. I would note specifically how I was able to hear him from outside.

And once again, I'd like to say I'm sorry. I regret what I said. Playing the server has allowed me to bloom as an individual I don't want to jeopardize my relationships with the staff team most importantly.

Last edited:

bueberries

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I want to say again how sorry I am. And part of my emotional state is that I'm off this week from school due to a quarantine designation. I'm desperate to play and now desperate for forgiveness.

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @bueberries thank you for making this ban appeal. There are a few things to discuss here.

RAIDING

First off we will discuss the whole raid timer thing. I want to make very clear to you that this is not a grey area in any way shape or form. I quoted to you the definition of a raid from our server rules, which state:

Raid - The act of breaking into or illegally entering a property with the intent to rob, kill, or commit any kind of criminal action to its residents, or to any items inside the property.

This does imply that when you break into a property with the intent to commit criminal activities, you are participating in a raid. The reasons that this specific definition was quoted to you was because it was a the top of the rules, making it much more accessible, and saved us a little bit of time. However, the rule that goes side by side with this definition is 4.2.1, which states:

You may only perform one raid (this counts for both ownable, un-ownable and government/public buildings), a hostage/kidnapping situation, or both situations simultaneously, per hour. This counts for both successful and unsuccessful situations. Survivors of a raid may ignore the “raid cool-down” if they decide to free organization/party members from police custody or retrieve lost gear from the Police Department.

As you can see, I was not punishing you based upon a grey area in the rules. Regardless if your raid is successful is not, it still is a raid, and applies to your cooldown timer. Doing 3+ raids in the timespan of 1 hour is not ok. In addition, upon further review, people were killed at the mansion raid, which contradicts what was said in the sit. However, this will not be held against you as Johnny killed them all, not you.

RDM

Now, lets take a look at the whole RDM thing. From your POV (the one you showed above), the occupant was told to put their hands up. However, from their POV video, they were not. In addition, the occupant was also given only about 1.5 seconds until the first shot was fired by johnny and about 2.5 seconds given until you began firing. While the current version of the rules does not define what an acceptable amount of time to comply is, this was most certainly not an acceptable amount of time. Given the discrepancies here, neither you or johnny were punished for RDM.

STAFF DISRESPECT

Finally, we must address the issue of staff disrespect. What you said was not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. In my opinion, not saying it to my face is arguably worse than saying it to my face, but I agree to disagree. Additionally, the comment that you made about pea towards the beginning of the sit, even though you did not expand upon it, was not acceptable. While you may have not intended for things to come off this way, pulling the I'm a victim too card over discord DM's, was also not cool.

CONCLUSION

Rules were very clearly broken here, and given the amount of playtime you have on the server, I would expect you to know what constitutes a raid and I would also expect you to give a little bit more time for someone to comply with commands.

When we look at the staff disrespect side of things, I do have to take some mercy here. We all can get caught up in the heat of the moment and can say things that we don't truly mean or intended to say. I do not truly believe that you think I am a reject or that I am incapable of obtaining a education, but to here you say that still hurts. With this being said, your ban will be reduced, not because these rules were not broken, but because of mercy and forgiveness.

I accept your apology and look forward to seeing you again on the server 24 hours from now.

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Please also note that while playing on the server, the Monolith discord is the ONLY form of allowed third party communication, and you may not use it for in character communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.