Status
Not open for further replies.

Standish

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I'm new to the server. Tried creating a character with the name of Standish but it won't let me. Apparently, the problem is with Dis in Standish. Also, Dic doesn't work (but that's understandable). I went with Standiish for now, because diish works and the same thing goes for diic.

Just a small technical issue I presume. Thanks for your time.

MRC

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

If it wont allow you to put your name as Standish, its probably because it contains a swear word or homophobic slur

Standish

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

If it wont allow you to put your name as Standish, its probably because it contains a swear word or homophobic slur

That's what I said in my post. Although I must disagree because it doesn't contain any homophobic slurs nor any swear words. In fact, nothing is offensive in the name of s-t-a-n-d-i-s-h. Standish is an English surname formed from Stan and Dish, and neither is even remotely offensive.
Although I might be wrong, the issue that I've found is with the word of dis, and that can be easily avoided by adding double "I" to the dis; so it becomes like diis. Standish is not acceptable and Standiish is.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I personally find more traditional names better for role play. Some admins might find your name as a fail name and force you to change it. I don’t see an issue but you can always ask the online admins about your name if there’s an issue, and they can even remove the second “i.”

henry

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

This happened 5o me before

CoNnEcT

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

changed his name to Standish Newman. you can close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.