Not open for further replies.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

5v7gpsr.png

Hi everyone!
With Christmas around the corner and some major updates on our server, I figured it would be a good time to tell you about what's going on and what we have planned for the community. 41 000 people have experienced our unique server so far and the combined in-game money amassed by all of you is almost at $600 000 000! We've truly been on a unique journey together and the best days of it are still ahead of us!

Update Slightly Stabilised
It almost seemed like this Christmas would be remembered as "Crashmas" given the many frequent server crashes that followed update 3.3. We have, however, managed to stabilise the server slightly and the crashes still occurring are hopefully manageable.

Updates will always carry some risks in the short run, but over the long run they make our game experience fresh and improved. In fact, if you think about how far the gamemode has come since this summer, it's rather stunning. Update 3.3 alone had 914 commits that included 363 changed files with 1555 additions and 954 deletions. With that said, we do want to apologise for the inconvenience of the crashes. Every time they occurred, we agonised over the frustration they may have caused you. Going forward, we will put heavy emphasis on swiftly being able to trace down and analyse crashes. In addition, the remaining ones that occur on the server are in our crosshair, and we will do our best to make the server as stable as possible.

Change of Operator
With my return to Sweden (I have studied 4 years in the United Kingdom), it became apparent that there were many legal advantages to moving Monolith Servers and my other projects to a Swedish company. Therefore, I registered Thriving Ventures AB, which has taken over the operation of Monolith Servers from Thriving Ventures Limited. This doesn't seem likely to change much around here, but I want to keep you notified right from the start in case it carries some required changes in the future. I also want to notify everyone that our Terms of Use, Terms of Sale, and Privacy Policy have been updated because of this change of operator.

Christmas & New Year
This Christmas, we'll try to make the most of the server with special events and a spirited environment. The development team will add a few cool treats for the season. Some of it will give unique benefits and opportunities for your characters!

Since Christmas is a time of giving, we want to give more of you the chance to afford Premium Membership in our community during the holiday. Till the 7th of January 2018, you'll get 50% off on the first month of your subscription if you enter 'XMAS17' as a coupon on checkout at the Store page!

The New Year also ought to be celebrated. If any of you check by the server on New Years Eve, I will instruct the staff on at the time, to throw together something special with music and a lot fun when the year kicks in each time-zone.

nPnneSE.jpg

Monolith 2018
We hope to raise our ambitions significantly next year. We are currently working on a player driven real estate system, where you can invest in properties and rent them out. In general, we have many plans for adding more layers and opportunities to business in Monolith - factories, mills, resource extraction, stocks etc.

Very dependent on how much we earn, we also hope to invest in some seriously powerful hosting upgrades for the server, a completely revamped website - including forums using XenForo 2 - and of course - a higher rate of development of new features on the server.

A year is long, and we're determined to seize all the opportunities of 2018. Thank you for having supported us throughout this project - for that you always have a special place in our hearts. We hope you will continue enjoy our community and wish all of you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Last edited:

A Dark ℛose Panda

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

R O L E P L A Y

GreggsPasty

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

well im a in the picture and Merry Christmas

Hoblit

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

merry christmas people of monolith

reallyhim

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Can't wait to be unbanned lol :)

Madone

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Merry XMAS

Vito

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Is the server also moving to sweden?

Vito

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Will the "second server" be hosted in Europe?

Daniel

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

SANTA ISNT REAL!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.