Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

One annoying problem i have encountered recently as a cop, where people are fleeing, you have 1,2 cops with lethals pointed at the guy and one with a tazer. The suspects pull out a gun gets tazed immediately, maybe shot once as well. Then the suspects cries for an admin and he comes along and says, you cant combat taze! and voids the whole situation, idk if this is poor staff or what but this is really annoying. Is it just voidable situations since we are trying to save the guys life by having lethal and non action, trying to taze him when he should value having a shotgun in his face telling him to surrender? Any feedback is appreciated. Maybe the rule needs to be specified is my goal here.

Ethilyk

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

5.2.1.7. Law Enforcement may not abuse the taser. You must have a valid reason to tase a player. You may deploy your taser during a gunfight or active shootout to take down criminals if they are not directly facing or shooting at you.

Since this didn't seem to be an active shootout / the suspect couldn't be possibly shooting at both of them at the same time / suspect probably didn't have time to start shooting

I'd probably say this was allowed but to be confirmed

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

5.2.1.7. Law Enforcement may not abuse the taser. You must have a valid reason to tase a player. You may deploy your taser during a gunfight or active shootout to take down criminals if they are not directly facing or shooting at you.

Since this didn't seem to be an active shootout / the suspect couldn't be possibly shooting at both of them at the same time / suspect probably didn't have time to start shooting

I'd probably say this was allowed but to be confirmed
My thinking of combat tazing is going in a shootout to taze someone, not what my scenario is... Where there is multiple officers with lethal and non lethal pointed at one guy.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The rule was changed for exactly that reason, your situation was probably before the rule change