- Nov 29, 2016
Rules of Monolith Servers
Our game servers are regulated by our Server Rules (click to view) which are incorporated into these Rules by this reference.The server rules are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. You are responsible for staying up to date with additions and amendments.
- Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a friendly community setting. This includes excessive profanity and sexual/illicit content. Hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content is not accepted in this community. This also includes content which infringes copyright or breaks the law.
- Discrimination (i.e racism, intolerance) towards other members is never allowed.
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be facing disciplinary action regardless of who started it.
- All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Please do not attempt to advertise, sell or trade any products or services in our community. This includes advertisement of other communities.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have given their consent.
- If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message to a Community Manager through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates may be banned. If you try to avoid a ban by creating a new account, your initial punishment may be increased.
- Please do not create threads attempting to create drama or a flame war with other users or another community, and do not join in with such threads. If you have a tense, delicate or sensitive complaint, contact the staff or use our designated platforms.
- You may only post on application, appeal or complaint threads if you are the thread author, have been tagged in the thread, are a staff member or have any meaningful evidence to add to the situation.
- Please post spoiler warnings when referring to plot-lines or entertainment that another member may not have seen.
- You are responsible for your account's actions, and as such your account will receive punishment for any violations it commits. Always log out of your account and keep your login details private if you suspect someone else may try to gain access.
- Do not impersonate a staff member in any form.
To reiterate, we prohibit any content that:
- Is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening or insulting.
- Is excessive or posted with intent of harassing someone.
- Is spam or spam-like content.
- Is likely to offend with no intention of having a constructive discussion.
- Contains explicit, gore, adult or pornographic material.
- Contains personal information of other people (otherwise known as doxxing).
- Infringes on others’ intellectual property rights including copyright.
- Violates or encourages violations of the law.
- You may not state derogatory statements in any organization thread that you are not in.
If a Moderator or Administrator feels your content or conduct is unacceptable, their decision is final pending potential appropriate appeal and must be respected. Monolith will not accept any form of abuse towards any member of our community including the staff team.
Last edited by a moderator: