Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

(Note: Making this report on behalf of Stevo Mission: STEAM_1:0:39708896 )

Your Steam Name: Zodiac
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:29287655
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Eldar Shakmarov

Moderator being reported: @KillerZebra

Reason for Report:

I believe the situation was handled incorrectly and really appeared abusive (Favoritism/Conflict of Interest). Actions were enforced that did not fall within the written rules.
We got into a gunfight with a gang outside of red factory, we killed them all. Stevo picked up their LSD and got in his car to haul ass to the dealer and sell it. Before he gets to that point, the people who were killed were screaming (Quite literally.) at KillerZebra to "Pull him into a sit before he sells our shit bro, come on."

Stevo gets pulled into a sit. From there Killer DEMANDS that Stevo drop the LSD that he obtained fair and square from them, his reasoning being "You can't sell/store drugs until after 10 minutes." This is 100% false according to Monolith's own rules. This rule is only mentioned in the context of weapons, not anything else. Stevo then drops the LSD after telling Killer that him taking said LSD is not against the rules. Killer goes on to say "I can see your inventory you didn't drop it." when he did in fact and it fell through the floor.

After Stevo dropped the LSD, Killer without saying a word leaves the sit area to go talk to someone else. No "Hey sit tight for a minute, hang on." just left. Stevo thought he gave the LSD back so the sit must be over and disconnected. A few minutes later he was given a 3 day ban for "Leaving a sit."

I spoke with @Isaac on steam regarding this, and he recommended I make a report about it. Also confirming that no, it is completely fine to steal illegal items and LSD without a 10 minute timer akin to the weapon rule. Stevo was banned for a sit that NEVER should have took place to begin with. This moderator was ill informed and made a bad judgement call.

I'm not trying to personally attack Killer here by any means. It does however concern me that a staff member decided to enforce his own set of rules he thought was right but went against Monolith's own written policy. It was an extremely one-sided scenario and was absolutely handled poorly. With that, I personally have moderated servers of this scale. I know that shit happens and people make mistakes, nothing is ever perfect. It's easy to get confused on policy with people screaming at you, I get it.

Thanks!

Edit: Added said SS of said chat with Issac.

Time of Occurrence: 09/05 - 10:00PM Pacific Time.
Evidence to support your claim: None, it was all verbal.
Additional members involved/witnessing: Me! I was in the fire fight and I was watching his Steam stream during the sit as Killer refused to pull me.

Attachments

• 954bdccf109253dc0da329586a46e81f.png
    954bdccf109253dc0da329586a46e81f.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

KillerZebra

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The sit started because you broke fear rp from there I noticed 3 things your buddie sold the lsd within 10 minutes which I thought that you couldn't but even if you couldn't your friend also had taken a gun and deposited that before the 10 minute timer was up. But I think that all of that distracted of the main starting reason of the sit, you had broken fear rp and I was trying to get you to give back the stuff before you sold or deposited it so they did not have to go through the trouble of making a refund request. I was not going to do anything but a verbal warning for you two but when your friend had left mid sit I banned him. It was overall a confusing situation but I still believe I was in the right. I had left to go look for the Lsd which had fallen through the floor and ask for some advice from Isaac.

LosoLoaded

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Me and @KillerZebra saw you guys blatantly break FearRP when Kevin (GS9) came out and told you and your buddy to put their hands up, then you pulled out a makerov and killed him due to not having Kevlar on at the time and loot his body. Apart from the whole report you are still in the wrong.

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

The sit started because you broke fear rp from there I noticed 3 things your buddie sold the lsd within 10 minutes which I thought that you couldn't but even if you couldn't your friend also had taken a gun and deposited that before the 10 minute timer was up. But I think that all of that distracted of the main starting reason of the sit, you had broken fear rp and I was trying to get you to give back the stuff before you sold or deposited it so they did not have to go through the trouble of making a refund request. I was not going to do anything but a verbal warning for you two but when your friend had left mid sit I banned him. It was overall a confusing situation but I still believe I was in the right. I had left to go look for the Lsd which had fallen through the floor and ask for some advice from Isaac.

Well first thing, I was never pulled into a sit. I actually begged to be pulled into one. To explain our side. You ignored that completely.

FearRP was NOT the reason you gave during the sit. It was about the 10 minute LSD timer. Also you "Saw" us break fear RP. So you saw the ONE member with a gun tell us hands up then turn his back to me and walk up to my friend outside. Back to me, outside of a melee range. You also saw me pull my gun out while he was distracted. The rules state that FearRP can be subjective as weapons can be pulled if both parties roleplay allows for it. I'd wager a gun to the back of his head gives us a distinct advantage and him a very big disadvantage. His friends (We did not know they were affiliated with him in a IC sense) were down the road in cars. Not a threat at the time.

So you watched the whole situation, and in a split second examined every angle of the situation? I don't think so. They got killed, they were upset about it, they screamed at you. You refused to pull me the one other person who killed most of these guys and did not allow us to explain anything.

So, the sit was not about FearRP it was about you wanting their LSD back, if it were about a violation of FearRP. Why did you not pull me and why did you not ask what occurred. Anyway you spin this you did not handle this situation properly.

With that, thank you for admitting you were unclear on the rules surrounding LSD theft/storage.

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Me and @KillerZebra saw you guys blatantly break FearRP when Kevin (GS9) came out and told you and your buddy to put their hands up, then you pulled out a makerov and killed him due to not having Kevlar on at the time and loot his body. Apart from the whole report you are still in the wrong.

You quite obviously didn't read the whole post. Stevo killed Kevin, with a M1911. After I was behind him with a gun pulled to his head since he foolishly decided to turn his back and walk away from me.

I understand being triggered that two guys with pistols destroyed your gang but the fault lies on Kevin for doing something extremely stupid in a RP sense. He was outplayed and lost. So now ya'll try to pin any rule to avoid loss.

KillerZebra

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Well first thing, I was never pulled into a sit. I actually begged to be pulled into one. To explain our side. You ignored that completely.

FearRP was NOT the reason you gave during the sit. It was about the 10 minute LSD timer. Also you "Saw" us break fear RP. So you saw the ONE member with a gun tell us hands up then turn his back to me and walk up to my friend outside. Back to me, outside of a melee range. You also saw me pull my gun out while he was distracted. The rules state that FearRP can be subjective as weapons can be pulled if both parties roleplay allows for it. I'd wager a gun to the back of his head gives us a distinct advantage and him a very big disadvantage. His friends (We did not know they were affiliated with him in a IC sense) were down the road in cars. Not a threat at the time.

So you watched the whole situation, and in a split second examined every angle of the situation? I don't think so. They got killed, they were upset about it, they screamed at you. You refused to pull me the one other person who killed most of these guys and did not allow us to explain anything.

So, the sit was not about FearRP it was about you wanting their LSD back, if it were about a violation of FearRP. Why did you not pull me and why did you not ask what occurred. Anyway you spin this you did not handle this situation properly.

With that, thank you for admitting you were unclear on the rules surrounding LSD theft/storage.

When you were asking for me to bring you to a sit I was busy with asking your friend to take out what he had taken from his bank which took me a while be he was refusing to do so. I was going to bring you both to a sit after I figured out the entire situation and you gave it back so I could explain exactly what you guys were breaking. Although I never had a chance to do that because your friend decided to log..... I am sorry if there was any confusion but from my point of view you guys were in the wrong.

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

When you were asking for me to bring you to a sit I was busy with asking your friend to take out what he had taken from his bank which took me a while be he was refusing to do so. I was going to bring you both to a sit after I figured out the entire situation and you gave it back so I could explain exactly what you guys were breaking. Although I never had a chance to do that because your friend decided to log..... I am sorry if there was any confusion but from my point of view you guys were in the wrong.

That's fair. Like I said, I'm not saying you were intentionally malicious. I just don't think that you had the best judgement on order of operations there.

If it were me, I'd have pulled us both right away as were equally involved and asked us to explain our side to see if there was a descrepancy in what you saw then speak to the accusing party. It comes off extremely naive to assume you know the full extent of a situation that occured in seconds. I have a strong feeling that had you spoke to us first and allowed us to explain the situation the whole thing would have been different. You instantly jumped to GS9's side though without hearing us out. That was unfair.

I just ask that you exercise better judgement in split second situations like that, even if you are 100% sure of what you saw, get the full story and all the information THEN take appropriate admin action. Otherwise it comes off to the defending player as bias and looks bad on the Admin Team.

Someone said "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance" that very much applies here. I very much appreciate you taking time to moderate the server on your free time, I know it becomes a full time job sometimes. I don't want you removed or anything crazy just perhaps more training on conflict resolution.

Do you think thats fair?

KillerZebra

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

That's fair. Like I said, I'm not saying you were intentionally malicious. I just don't think that you had the best judgement on order of operations there.

If it were me, I'd have pulled us both right away as were equally involved and asked us to explain our side to see if there was a descrepancy in what you saw then speak to the accusing party. It comes off extremely naive to assume you know the full extent of a situation that occured in seconds. I have a strong feeling that had you spoke to us first and allowed us to explain the situation the whole thing would have been different. You instantly jumped to GS9's side though without hearing us out. That was unfair.

I just ask that you exercise better judgement in split second situations like that, even if you are 100% sure of what you saw, get the full story and all the information THEN take appropriate admin action. Otherwise it comes off to the defending player as bias and looks bad on the Admin Team.

Someone said "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance" that very much applies here. I very much appreciate you taking time to moderate the server on your free time, I know it becomes a full time job sometimes. I don't want you removed or anything crazy just perhaps more training on conflict resolution.

Do you think thats fair?

I understand and agree with the fact that I am wrong sometimes although you guys still did break a rule and that was part of the sit. Normally I would have brought everyone up to a sit and I should have done that but I was trying to get there stuff back so they could continue rp then bring you two into a sit to explain what went wrong. I had no intent on actually doing any type of punishment besides a verbal warning. I admit I should have done some things differently and apologize but I do stand by the ban.

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I understand and agree with the fact that I am wrong sometimes although you guys still did break a rule and that was part of the sit. Normally I would have brought everyone up to a sit and I should have done that but I was trying to get there stuff back so they could continue rp then bring you two into a sit to explain what went wrong. I had no intent on actually doing any type of punishment besides a verbal warning. I admit I should have done some things differently and apologize but I do stand by the ban.

Thats totally fine, this is not a ban appeal. I appreciate you taking accountability for your actions. I hope this discussion helps ya out down the road as you move through the ladder. Thank you!

This complaint may be considered closed.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Due to lack of evidence this report is being denied and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.