Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40684878
Your Character Name: Kevin Turtle

Ban Length: Permanently
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): Console

Ban Reason: [Anti-Exploit System] Code #347 Appeal @ MonolithServers.com
Time of Occurrence: Around 2:15 AM, EST, on 10/1/17
Relevant Evidence: N/A
Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

So, I was buying some tacos from the taco truck when the guy driving it started to drive away. I clicked the button to finish the purchase after he made a bit of distance. I guess it must have triggered the anti-exploit system. It goes without saying, but I'll be sure to avoid that in the future if my appeal is accepted and I'm ever in a similar situation.

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You triggered this too many times for it to have been a false positive in my opinion. You triggered the system once earlier as well, but I let it go that time.

TheGameOfLife

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Strange. I was buying a lot of other tacos (Around 30 or so) earlier in the day where a similar thing may have occurred. I was playing for probably two days prior and I'd assume nothing was triggered then, since I hadn't used any taco vans until today. Never been banned from a GMOD server before. I really don't have anything else to add, to be quite honest. I wasn't really recording anything and it came pretty unexpectedly. I'd ask to have someone check the logs to see if they can find any correlation there, but at the same time, I don't really want to inconvenience the staff too much by having them wade through a sea of logs. Thanks for the quick reply, nonetheless. Sorry if my defense comes across as kind of lackluster.

Edit: Oh, one other thing I remembered, on the off chance that it was triggered prior to the taco trucks. I do recall using one of those Director/Manager tablets. I think it was the second tab that was supposed to show skills or something, and upon clicking it, I got a "Something is creating scripting errors" message. I did try it on a couple different occasions with the same results. No idea whether or not that would trigger anything in the anti-exploit system, though.

Edit #2: Another thing that possibly could have contributed to the anti-exploit system flagging me before the ban is the fact that I've tried spawning the tow truck several times (Although I did have the proper rank in the mechanic job) to no avail. This one is less likely, but I also think I clicked the refund request button in the bank once or twice with no results before I knew what it was meant for, but that was a day or two earlier than the ban.

Now, obviously I'm biased because I got banned by it, but the more that I think about it, the more I feel that the anti-exploit system might be slightly flawed. I'm not saying it needs to be removed or anything because I'm sure it catches plenty of legitimate cheaters, but a permanent ban for whatever Code #347 could stand for does seem a little extreme in my opinion. At least it does without someone actually witnessing anything. It could be a perfectly reasonable punishment for someone committing whatever offense Code #347 flags for, but like I said, I'm biased and I'm not even fully aware of what kind of exploit the system could have been flagging me for.

Last edited:

shawnfunke

Developer
Developer

Years of Mono

LV

You'll be unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.