Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Valdrec
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42437591
Your Character Name: Jimmy Longfellow

Admin being reported: @Stuvi
Reason for Report: my discussion thread https://monolithservers.com/forums/...he-popularity-of-the-server.14656/#post-87989 was locked with no obvious rule violation.

After it was unlocked, several players commented that the thread was "going on too long" which I find extremely suspect as this thread was made on Friday.

And again, the thread was locked without any clear violation of the rules.

People on the thread frequently misunderstood my point, ignoring my repeated calls to understand, that was later echoed by Stuvi. Commenters seemed to think my idea was some kind of threat, or attack on staff, when my entire point was that they need more support.

Again, I see no violation of the rules, and the fact that it is an active discussion seems to have been used as justification to say it was getting out of hand. Nobody has threatened anyone, used foul language, or done anything that would seem to warrant this reaction to this thread.

What's really going on? What damage is this thread doing by being open? Why can we not discuss the server, in the discussion section?
I have many questions and I am treated only with hostility in this matter.

Time of Occurrence: 23:57 GMT
Evidence to support your claim: https://monolithservers.com/forums/...he-popularity-of-the-server.14656/#post-87989
Additional members involved/witnessing: Anyone who read the thread.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

1. I was about to close the thread myself, as Gurrazor stated the thread will be closed if it gets off topic, repetitive discussion or tend to be immature it will be closed. The thread as Stuvi stated contributes to nothing, got repetitive as it has 2 pages of the same thing.
2. Your thread is classified as feedback, in which we denied it as it does not help us at all.
3. I do not have any feelings in leaving a thread open just so you can ''clear the misunderstanding'' that people are experiencing. You kept on explaining your side and quoted many others; it got repeptitive.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

If the discussion gets out of hand or turns into an immature and repetitive discussion, the thread may be locked at any time though.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Could that not be considered a derailment of my thread by others? It seems odd to punish me for it.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Could that not be considered a derailment of my thread by others? It seems odd to punish me for it.

Any thread is closed if it's going off topic; it means to anyone, not just you. Your thread was an irrelevant feedback to begin with, but net to that it got too repetitive --> you explaining 10 times what you agree/not agree on.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

"Irrelevant feedback" What does mean in the scope of the forum rules?

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

"Irrelevant feedback" What does mean in the scope of the forum rules?

It means we have the right to close and deny feedback we do not seem necessary nor constructive nor contributing to our goals.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

There's no issue with opening a discussion and addressing a topic, such as staff recruitment, but when we happen to provide a public response to it and deem the topic as resolved (and therefore lock it) there is absolutely no need to further discuss said topic. Neither is it required to open up a staff report for locking a resolved discussion. You're literally wasting our time at this point.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Okay, so you feel my thread wasn't constructive in any form. I can accept that as an opinion but I don't agree with it.

Honestly I think this is part of a wider problem. It's not possible to make a thread containing the word "staff" without being met with hostility.
Even to use my own thread as an example, there were people, who by my determination seemed to be scared at the prospect that my thread was going to somehow trigger rogue staff that would damage the community. The heart of what I was saying is that there should be at very least one staff member to cover peak times, and that if that's not possible recruitment needs to be done.

Some of the more hostile responses I've gotten have been from staff, or ex-staff themselves. Without knowing anything about the other side I would deduce that there may be a degree of cliquishness, and that any comment that from the outside, appears to want to change or affect that in any form is taken to be a hostile outside force.
That would explain the sorts of responses I've been getting.

If that's true, I want to find a way to get past this. I play the server and I enjoy it, and I want to see both it and the team behind it as best supported as they can, minimal stress. I've seen communities in the past that couldn't take any form of criticism, where you would see behaviours I feel I am seeing here - threads locked that speculate about staff, or offer improvement.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

There's no issue with opening a discussion and addressing a topic, such as staff recruitment, but when we happen to provide a public response to it and deem the topic as resolved (and therefore lock it) there is absolutely no need to further discuss said topic. Neither is it required to open up a staff report for locking a resolved discussion. You're literally wasting our time at this point.

But this wasn't a suggestion thread, this was a discussion. And if it's a waste of time, then just leave it be to peter out on it's own. Locking the thread when it's still active reeks of censorship, and I can only conclude that you believe the content of my thread somehow dangerous.
Is my thread dangerous to the community?

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Reading your story, you still do not understand the main reason why your thread was closed.
Your post was a feedback and it got denied. I'm not hostile, nor have intentions to be hostile, but you do not seem to accept the fact that we deem your thread as an advice that we do not accept. I don't know what you expect from us more, take it to court?
We have the right to close your thread, and again, it got repetitive.
Also, yes it was a suggestion/feedback. You suggested/gave feedback on the recruitment process and gave your opinion alongside with it. It got denied and locked.

Also, edit* @Gurrazor has to deal with this report once again. I hope you, @Valdrec , will read and take it to consideration. I think it's great that you show passion, but we have the right to close as community managers/forum moderators, threads that are not contributing much.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I didn't say it was a suggestion. Please read my whole post.

My point being that deciding it is concluded is a behaviour for a suggestion thread. Someone floats the idea for acceptance or denial. The purpose of a forum is to be a place to discuss issues. If you just lock a discussion because you are personally done with the subject, that undermines the entire point to having a discussion section, or indeed, even a forum.

Lola, I don't think you are being hostile.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Denied, the thread had run its course and like I mentioned before - @Stuvi has the authority to lock threads at a high level of discretion. I re-opened your thread it because it seemed worth a shot for a while - not to create some precedent for anyone to report authorised staff who in good faith lock threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.