Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

tQr3zhB3x-MR5GpG3JoenKTUi2800Bn6ByhR1YfS0mpkgWvAWUnf_ZgU5beEUrHT4osxvfV2cNzJ9jxEPbu25D2wOW0c-kbO1pGJyX5cCfoZLWo9Wsim2nS4ZifsBCb0NMO4HlHQ

Your Steam Name: kevsonic
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91658105
Your Character Name: Steve Camp

Ban Length: 2 Days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Ali

Ban Reason: "ERP(?) Common Sense"
Time of Occurrence: About 10:00 (AM) Central 7/17/2018
Relevant Evidence: N/A / Not needed
Additional members involved/witnessing: Police officer (forgot name)

Im going to continue down here with why I think I should be unbanned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to first start off by saying that the staff member who banned me did do the right thing, but I feel as if my ban is somewhat unjust because the rules surrounding the incident are somewhat... poorly written. The chief called all of us to debrief as there were people are were randomly shooting guns outside the pd for no apparent reason. During/after the debrief an officer placed a tv at the back of the room and started watching cop chases. After the meeting I went back there and pasted a YouTube video from my top YouTube video text file (I'll put it in discord if anyone wants it later) and on there happened to be a sex ed video. The officer was offended and called an admin, stating that it was the 3rd time I had done it, and in reality it was the first. How it got in that text file I have no idea, but that is besides the point. I personally believe that no rules were broken. Lets take a look at global rule number 1...
"
  1. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a friendly community setting. This includes excessive profanity and sexual/illicit content. Hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content is not accepted in this community. This also includes content which infringes copyright or breaks the law
Some of you may be saying that this is clearly excessive sexual/illicit content, but in no way was this excessive. I'm also going to assume that this is designed as forum rules as it says "posting" so onto the next rule. In server rules it states that ERP is defined as "Any role-playing activity performed mostly, or exclusively for the purpose of sexual behavior." For starters that video (went back and watched it ewwww) is in no way trying to promote sexual behavior. I would also like to point out that the playing of the video was un intentional (besides the point) the video is literaly a sex ed video. It should also be noted that ERP is just defined in the rules and there is no specfic rule against it. The only rule that is partially mentioning it is this one "
  1. You are not allowed to talk about anything sexual in any realm on the game. Roleplay involving any type of sexual intercourse is strictly forbidden. Rape role-play will be punished severely."
And considering I wasn't talking about anything sexual, or role playing for that matter I don't think i'm in violation. Now this whole report would be disregarded if I didn't mention the golden rule.... Use common sense. Now here is what I will say about this one. There is no way to prove that what I did was unintentional at all, but what I can say is that using common sense within here is a little weird considering this wasn't a role play scenario. I have already been banned for erp once (and that ban was justified as is this one), but seeing how I didn't actually erp I think the ban should be lifted or reduced as the only thing that can really be fought for is common sense.

Last edited:

IdoX

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Join the server and it will show you who banned you

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Technically it’s not ERP, I just called it that because there’s no name for the rule other than common sense.

Do you really think I will let you off after playing a video which features genitalia?

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.