bakasura

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello, I had a recent come about where I thought that the attacker was not properly engaged. I'm not sure how many of you run into this problem, but perhaps we could outline the rules of engagement a little bit better? After reading through all I could find on rules, it was hard to come about what constitutes as engagement. Verbal, obviously. Physical? OF COURSE, he has a GUN out. Buuuuuut... mental? It's difficult to say what gives kill rights in situations such as raids specifically. Most robberies, bank robberies, governmental raids are fleshed out, but raids not so much. Obviously criminal intent and activity, so lockpicking, shooting out the windows, etc. But what about something such as sneaking inside? Do I still have to engage, or can I just Splinter Cell people at their front deer and infiltrate gun warehouses?

In relation to my situation, I had a staff member bring up that "if he had planned to raid, then seeing you flee would give engagement" or something along those lines basically, that's what it had broken down to. So I ask, anybody have fleshed out engagement rules? Or wonder if there should be more? Thanks for reading.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

There is no such thing as initiation, you either have a reason to kill someone or you don't

Killing during raids should be carried out sensibly. If there is a legitimate threat on the property of which you are raiding, it is reasonable to enter with the intent to kill. For example, if anyone at the targeted property has a weapon equipped, the base as a whole constitutes a legitimate threat and you may kill everyone that has not visibly surrendered inside it.

Also
Surrendered parties (in a Raid, Mugging, Kidnapping and/or Robbery) may not be killed unless they are actively resisting, not valuing their life, threatening to kill or snitch on you, yelling for help or the Law Enforcement fail to fulfill requested demands.

bakasura

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I once again bring up this situation. What defines as me raiding? Can I sit outside your door with a pump shotty, and call that raiding? Or do I need to actively lockpick?

Ber506

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I think so because any time you are going on someone else property with the intention of robbing or killing them is considered a raid

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I don’t agree with this there is a reason there is no initiation it’s to make it so it’s a role play server not a frag rp server, but it’s a good idea.

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Raiding is being on someone else's property with the intent to steal, kill and or break in. So if you go on some ones property with a gun out they can kill you or if you are lockpicking they can kill you. If you see someone with a gun out in a base you can KOS the whole base, but you may not kill people that are F2 (hands up/ surrendered).

Cleared it up?