Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Piff
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:155574178
Your Character Name: Jackson Brown

Target Steam Name: Quaishawn James
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:59491439
Target Character Name (if known): Monte Chance

Request Reason: He false arrested me for 'resisting arrest" when i was just walking and i refused a random search that wasn't warranted at all
When did the situation occur?: 11/10/22 around 9:50PM Est
Your evidence to support your claim:

Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: Yes

MonteWasHere

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I was told by a staff member in a report about a week ago that police can stop & search players. If the player resists and refuses then that is fleeing/eluding. I was just doing what I've been told. PS: Gnarly video titles.

Bre

Administrator
Administrator
Event Team
Recruitment Team

Years of Mono

LV

you're a tow driver.....

PiffTheSeal

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I was told by a staff member in a report about a week ago that police can stop & search players. If the player resists and refuses then that is fleeing/eluding. I was just doing what I've been told. PS: Gnarly video titles
you're a tow driver.....
Yeah, I didn’t even bring up this fact, I literally dealt with someone doing the same ahit yesterday as captain

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As this is a Police related report, I will handle this as a Police Commander as well as a Staff member.

Stop and fisk is illegal in the United States and violates your 4th Amendment rights. And some may say that even Stop and Identify is unlawful and, under most circumstances, it's illegal. However, for the time being, within the State Of Monolith, we have this law
"[5-7-5.] Failure to Provide Identification: Failing to present valid legal documentation when requested."

This allows a Law Enforcement Officer to stop and identify a person; this is something we (Police Supervisors) will be addressing with our new Lawbook, but for the time being, this is legal. However, in this case, this is not a simple Stop and identify. You're trying to stop and fisk someone, violating their rights and is not covered by the Lawbook. If you were trying to identify them, this would have been fine, but in this case, you wanted to search them.

@MonteWasHere will receive a supervisor report for the charges listed below and possible further action if you have a record with us. I recommend you refresh yourself on the Lawbook and SOP, which can be found here: LINK

Charges:
Count 1. Conduct unbecoming a Law Enforcement Officer -
Count 2. Violation of 4th Amendment rights -

Furthermore, the situation will be voided. You are free to request any lost items in the refund request section of the forums using the format found here.

Player Report Accepted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.