Koggie

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion

Title: Farming Rework

Links, videos, context (we love more information, media, etc.): I don't quite have a video or pictures for what I would want this suggestion to be, as its more or less of a concept idea I brought up with a few players on the server.

Ever since monolith launched its used the same farming system, while it Isn't broken, I do believe there could be some major quality of life changes to make the player base more interested in farming.

Right now everyone farms the same way.

1. Trowel the ground and make dig spots.
  2. Plant your seeds.
  3. Water your plants.
  4. Harvest them.

For majority of the player base while this isn't a tricky or difficult task, it can be quite tedious especially when trying to make money on the side, when you're tending to a plant like coca leaves etc. you have to constantly water them or they will die, forcing you to stand by the plants and use the GOOD OL FASHION +attack in console.

There are a few major updates that I'd like to suggest added, one being a system for watering similar to that of a weed tent.

UI Overhaul:
While the UI itself isn't quite the problem, its the functionality of the UI that has become a hassle for a lot of people, having to press E on every dig spot and select the seed. I feel like there could be a better use of the time, such as plant all function, this will bring me to my next idea.
Planter Box:
I believe this should be more aimed towards those who have put levels into farming, the planter box would replace the dig spots and trowel for higher level players, lower level players would still have to grind their way up to planter boxes and sprinkler systems, when harvested there could be some sort of xp increase or an increase of the yield on your crops. With the planter box I believe you should either just press E on the planter to plant similar to how you use the original digs, maybe with an added plant all feature?
Sprinkler System:
This would be paired with the planter box to suffice as automated watering similar to the weed tent, obviously having to be powered with water and electricity. This would also make sense logically, idk why weed is the only thing that has automated watering.
Generator:
This would be simply made to power the sprinklers, this could maybe double as some sort of way to power other electronic devices in houses with not enough outlets.