0/20 Votes (0.0%)
  • Not even worth adding.

1/20 Votes (5.0%)

Stix

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Monolith Community, I am known as Stix on Steam, Gus Yorsh in Monolith. The Fire Department is my favorite job to play, and I just have so many ideas that I think would make the fire department job more appealing, innovative, and fun. I will list some of the ideas I have had that I think would be a great addition to fire department and to the Monolith server experience!

1. Have a more immersive ranking system such as the police department so people have more of a incentive to play the firefighting position more and to rank up to get better pay and to eventually make it to Fire Chief. The Fire Department has a very similar system in real life as the police department does when it comes to rankings in the fire department. The fire department has Cadets, Firefighter/EMT, Firefighter/Paramedic, Driver Operator, Lieutenants, Captains, Assistant Chief, Division Chiefs, and Battalion Chiefs. I think this would be a simple and excellent addition to the fire department.
  2. Have it so that higher ranking/higher level firefighters can spawn in certain props such as what the police can do to block off roads where there is a massive fire at, multi vehicle accidents, medical emergencies etc. Props would also allow a really innovative and a creative way to train the firefighters such as training in confined spaces, and simulating homes to plan tactics for structure fires. I think this would be a huge and simple step in the right direction for the Fire Department.
  3. Maybe consider making another fire department up in Layer 2 as I feel like that is where most of the fires tend to spawn.
  4. Make more realistic fire spawn locations such as homes being caught on fire, maybe more commercial buildings, and maybe even such as the police department or bank being caught on fire instead of a random grass field here and there. I feel like it would be more engaging when it comes to putting out fires.
  5. Implement a vehicle entrapment system if somebody wreaks their car depending on the percentage of the vehicle or if they hit a object or structure at a high speed and there could be chance for a entrapment where they need the fire department to help them get out. I think this would be a excellent way to make the firefighter job more immersive to the player, and players they encounter.
  6. Maybe add in more types of firefighting vehicles such as brush trucks, tanker units, heavy rescue units, and fire rescue boats. Brush trucks would be great at putting out forest fires, field fires, etc. Tankers would be another source of water supply if there isn't a hydrant or if the firetruck runs out of water. Heavy rescues could be used for confined spaces and have tools for vehicle accidents. Boats would be used for boat fires and for the cargo ship. All of these would add in a bit more life to the job instead just having one vehicle to work with.
  7. Make it so the firetruck can only use so much water before it runs out. This would also allow a really cool fire hydrant system as well making the firefighting job more immersive with some of vehicles I listed above such as a tanker unit.
  8. Add in more hand tools to work with as well. You can add a tool such as maybe a upgraded flash light, maybe something for water rescues, tools for vehicle accidents such as the jaws of life, more prying tools such as a halligan bar, pike poles, crowbar, etc. Add in ladder deployments to get onto roofs,
  9. Have maybe a agenda board in one of the offices in the fire department to let other firefighters know what the Fire Chiefs and other officer positions expect of them or if they have a meeting at a certain time with a higher ranking individual or scheduled training.
  10. Try and refine the firehose system to be more fluid and not as buggy when using it. Just a change like this can have a whole new feel for the job as it is a vital part of it.
  11. Maybe make it so that firefighting gear can lose durability on fires and have a duration timer for their air pack so that the firefighters can approach fires much more tactically.
  12. Have it so that firefighters can carry more medical equipment such as a medical kit that only has so many uses or something that, it can also be used for treating for drugs. (Fire departments in real life respond to more medical calls than fire calls to put it into perspective.)
  13. Update some of the fire truck models with new and improved ones. There are so many out there on the workshop and they are pretty sweet!
  14. Update the player models. There are so many awesome looking firefighter models on the workshop.
Here are some workshop links to get a better idea of some of the ideas I have talked about above:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1557099276&searchtext=fire+truck

Thank you if you took the time to read my ideas or even some of them. Hopefully one day some of my ideas will be implemented :D Please be open to comment your opinions below or if you have more ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:

Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

+support for #2, #4, #6, #8, and #12. The rest are too specific and honestly belong in a fire simulator game.

Stix

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+support for #2, #4, #6, #8, and #12. The rest are too specific and honestly belong in a fire simulator game.
#1 would be just like how police rankings works, I can't see this being too specific or anything. I think this would be a right step in the right direction.

born2pooforced2wipe

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Love all the ideas except #5, car crashes are already bad enough here especially with how wreckless the average monolith player drives lol

FallenderMond

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+Support for ideas 2, 3, and 4. Firefighting has become extremely boring due to the recent change on how fires work. Making it so that fires can start from electrical items in houses or whatnot will make firefighting more immersive and fun. As of now fires start in completely random areas and are nowhere near civilization. They are really easy to contain and have almost became irrelevant.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Back on paralake they did have a system where you had to refill the firetrucks with fire hydrants but that seems to have been disabled. I do love this idea to further expand the fire department once again. It's definitely better than what is used to be!

Evilassassin

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

+ I Support it, though I feel like they should just merge paramedics and fire department but feel that #2, #3 #6 and #12 would be good, and #Def 4 (add molotovs and fire explosions from drug labs) but like someone else said the rest of these would turn it too much into a fireman simulator.

SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I definitely believe there should be a chance for items to cause fire. Electrical fires and stove fires are relatively common irl, and it gives the Fire Department something else to do. We already have the job in the server, why not make it useful? Just as the PD can stop robbers, EMS can save you from having to wait ages to respawn + expensive medical bills, the Fire Dept. should be able to be useful in saving people's belongings if things catch fire.

AJACE

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Monolith Community, I am known as Shaak Ti on Steam, Gus Yorsh in Monolith. The Fire Department is my favorite job to play, and I just have so many ideas that I think would make the fire department job more appealing, innovative, and fun. I will list some bullet points of ideas I have had that I think would be a great addition to fire department and to the Monolith server experience.

1. Have a more immersive ranking system such as the police department so people have more of a incentive to play the firefighting position more and to rank up to get better pay and to eventually make it to Fire Chief. The Fire Department has a very similar system in real life as the police department does when it comes to rankings in the fire department. The fire department has Cadets, Firefighter/EMT, Firefighter/Paramedic, Driver Operator, Lieutenants, Captains, Assistant Chief, Division Chiefs, and Battalion Chiefs. I think this would be a simple and excellent addition to the fire department.
  2. Have it so that higher ranking/higher level firefighters can spawn in certain props such as what the police can do to block off roads where there is a massive fire at, multi vehicle accidents, medical emergencies etc. Props would also allow a really innovative and a creative way to train the firefighters such as training in confined spaces, and simulating homes to plan tactics for structure fires. I think this would be a huge and simple step in the right direction for the Fire Department.
  3. Maybe consider making another fire department up in Layer 2 as I feel like that is where most of the fires tend to spawn.
  4. Make more realistic fire spawn locations such as homes being caught on fire, maybe more commercial buildings, and maybe even such as the police department or bank being caught on fire instead of a random grass field here and there. I feel like it would be more engaging when it comes to putting out fires.
  5. Implement a vehicle entrapment system if somebody wreaks their car depending on the percentage of the vehicle and there could be chance for a entrapment where they need the fire department to help them get out. I think this would be a excellent way to make the firefighter job more immersive to the player, and players they encounter.
  6. Maybe add in more types of firefighting vehicle such as brush trucks. Brush trucks would be great at putting out forest fires, field fires, etc. Adds in a bit more life to the job instead just having one vehicle to work with.
  7. Make it so the firetruck can only use so much water before it runs out. This would also allow a really cool fire hydrant system as well making the firefighting job more immersive.
  8. Add in more hand tools to work with as well. You can add a tool such as maybe a upgraded flash light, maybe something for water rescues, tools for vehicle accidents such as the jaws of life.
  9. Have maybe a agenda board in one of the offices in the fire department to let other firefighters know what the Fire Chiefs and other officer positions expect of them.
  10. Try and refine the firehose system to be more fluid and not as buggy when using it. Just a change like this can have a whole new feel for the job as it is a vital part of it.
  11. Maybe make it so that firefighting gear can lose durability on fires and have a duration timer for their SCBA pack so that the firefighters can approach fires much more tactically.
  12. Have it so that fire fires can carry more medical equipment such as a medical bag that only has so many uses or something that can be used for treating for drugs. (Fire departments in real life respond to more medical calls than fire calls to put it into perspective.)
Thank you if you took the time to read my ideas or even some of them. Hopefully one day some of my ideas will be implemented :D Please be open to comment your opinions below or if you have more ideas.

Looking over your current review of the Fire Department, and ideas you wish to bring to light, I say the following:

While reading through all your ideas, I can say I 100% agree. The Fire Department seems very lacking in its current state, so an addition would be quite interesting. Ideas (2,3,4,6,7 and 12) Are quite interesting to me, and would make for a successful and interesting RP and over all more enjoyable server experience for some…

But, development tends not to be easy, and though I cannot speak for our Development Team (Devs). With so many different ideas brought up, this would take some time to review, and find the best options for the Monolith Community.

I stand by you all the way, and more Additions to the Fire Department would peak my interest. We shall see what comes out of this, maybe future updates to come!?

Last edited:

Bear

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+1

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+ Support for #2, #4, #7, #8? (Upgraded flashlight, Crowbar and maybe the halligan bar), and #12 - The rest are things that I would love to see, but at the end of the day, this is a semi-serious server, and we need to dedicate our limited development resources to more critical things, in my opinion.

Last edited:

The Cool Boy

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+ support new content/ if this gets added ill be shocked

Ace Carter

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

+support

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

These are all really good ideas, both firefighters and paramedics definitely could use some attention

"Implement a vehicle entrapment system" is probably a little too over the top though, it would need balancing

"More types of firefighting vehicles" we are pretty limited on adding new vehicles, unless it's in one of the vehicle packs that we have it kost likely won't be added

I think we used to have ladders in Paralake but not sure what happened, I think it was a crashing issue but don't remember

Everything else though I definitely agree

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I would really enjoy seeing the fire hydrant refilling system and ladders return. The fire axe also needs to be fixed as it's currently useless because you can't use it to get into properties