Dipski

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Hi everybody I’m not sure if any of the OG players still use these forums but just wanted to know what happened to the server. First of all joining and seeing Rockford instead of Monoford was insanely nostalgic it felt like I had traveled back in time 5 years to when I first joined this server. Is there a reason player count is so low now? I remember the server would constantly be over 90 people, now it struggles to reach above 30.

RandalPeter

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

hey dont forget the wanna be gangsters that roll around ruining everyones fun due to their frail egos, they for sure killed the player base as well

Dipski

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

hey dont forget the wanna be gangsters that roll around ruining everyones fun due to their frail egos, they for sure killed the player base as well
Unfortunately the servers always had that issue, but in the past due to the much higher player count you didn’t have to deal with it that often. In my 1-2 hours online today I encountered people like that constantly.

AnslyBuddha

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Brenton is probably right, there hasn't been as many new players coming in since last year.

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Staff doesn't enforce rules unless it's against players they don't like, staff constantly gives excessive punishments, staff reports go nowhere because it's like asking an organization to investigate itself, new players have no reason to keep playing because an org with the biggest frag rpers who have 0 care to RP rule the server and only get verbals for their rulebreaks, etc. That's literally it

People have always said it's the map, change the map and it will revive the server; NOPE. You can't have fun and they pretend it's a serious RP server while even staff screws around and punish people for the same thing.

Not all staff are bad, but wew...

Last edited:

The Cool Boy

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

honestly unban literally everyone, clear the ban list. if they break the rules again perma them. you have limited player income

RandalPeter

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Staff doesn't enforce rules unless it's against players they don't like, staff constantly gives excessive punishments, staff reports go nowhere because it's like asking an organization to investigate itself, new players have no reason to keep playing because an org with the biggest frag rpers who have 0 care to RP rule the server and only get verbals for their rulebreaks, etc. That's literally it

People have always said it's the map, change the map and it will revive the server; NOPE. You can't have fun and they pretend it's a serious RP server while even staff screws around and punish people for the same thing.

agreed. staff is a bit better though from what ive experienced, i just dislike the people that toggle their cheats when they get salty about getting whooped.

Fridge

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

The server max pop is like 25 and most of the server has descended into cop main capital

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Dont listen to this dude, he minges then makes 15 forum reports on you if u fuck with him back.

Ace Carter

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Dont listen to this dude, he minges then makes 15 forum reports on you if u fuck with him back.
Who doesn’t like a good old admin sit with minges

Reactions: Tye

Zenius

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

A quick answer to your question - server is dead.

Kash ash

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

PhaseBootz

tiv2guy

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I played for the first time in about a year or two and can confirm it's much less populated than it was a year or two ago. I've played on this server since early 2018, and seen most of the ups and downs, it's at a low point for sure. I have many great memories on this server so my hope is that it gets back to how it used to be.

British Beef

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hi everybody I’m not sure if any of the OG players still use these forums but just wanted to know what happened to the server. First of all joining and seeing Rockford instead of Monoford was insanely nostalgic it felt like I had traveled back in time 5 years to when I first joined this server. Is there a reason player count is so low now? I remember the server would constantly be over 90 people, now it struggles to reach above 30.

Mostly a result of the server staff's general behavior over the years I've still yet to this day to find a more unpleasant staff team than I've seen on the monolith. The staff team behaved in a way that showed they had utter contempt for the player base and adopted a hardline approach banning large swathes of the server population. Any sort of complaints/ criticism of the staff team was met with censorship and punishment. When you ban and mistreat your player base, people don't tend to stick around very long and over time the server chipped away at its main player base. They tried to remedy this by unbanning a large number of people and giving them a clean slate but the damage has already been done.