RX55927R11DEZ

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

Why the hell would anyone want to play with someone like that? That’s honestly the most disgusting thing I’ve heard on monolith.
He's like 11 bro, he doesn't understand the severity of his words, sure a ban is deserved but outright barring him from the server forever because of something he doesn't understand is just cruel. Earlier that day before he even got on mayor he was so proud showing me his skyline with the same license plate and colour as the dad's car from The Amazing World Of Gumball.

Either way, I think some of us are going off topic from the main reason this thread was created (again).

Bob Ross

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Some kid got a year for a spelling mistake wym too lenient. I barely see you on
scott the kid was talking about child rape and it wasn't a spelling mistake it was obvious was he was doing he spelt niggest instead of biggest multiple times the kid lied to get the banned reduced and somehow staff reduced it for some reason

Weedle

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

do
scott the kid was talking about child rape and it wasn't a spelling mistake it was obvious was he was doing he spelt niggest instead of biggest multiple times the kid lied to get the banned reduced and somehow staff reduced it for some reason
aren't you that guy whos friends with someone who couldn't take a 2 week ban so he alted

Frank Saints

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

hi just wanted to say free alex he did nothing wrong

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I think everything comes down to the core changes to the game mode that started a couple years back. It's a delicate balance to try and make things more difficult so players that have been around for years have something challenging while keeping the low end interesting enough that newbies will be interested. I think that what happened was that the scale tipped pretty dang heavily towards the veteran crowd while making things harder for new players.

Back when I found this server, when it was running Rockford, it was impossible to get a slot on almost any night. There were just that many people on it. Then all the realism changes started - the cooking overhaul, all the changes to how crime worked. There were a LOT of changes to the gamemode in the interest of making it more realistic, but that these seem to have majorly made the game mode less RPable given that this is a GMOD server, not a full MMO.

I think cooking is a good stand out for this - it used to be straight crafting. It was a grind, but you could just go to an appliance dealer, buy a pot, get some parts and start RPing as a baker, or a hot dog cart attendant. Now it takes for fucking ever to make anything.

This, paired with the extreme inequities in the player base, make RPing for the sake of RPing REALLY difficult. Back when we were running Paralake or Rockford, there was always someone that owned a diner, or a furniture store, or a parts store, or a gun store. The town market that existed at spawn outside town hall fostered a community that doesn't exist on Monoford - everyone just stands outside the hospital and gets RDMed by ambulances. The server added a lot of first-person experiences, but IMO it sacrificed a bunch of things that made a community foster itself.

AnslyBuddha

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I think everything comes down to the core changes to the game mode that started a couple years back. It's a delicate balance to try and make things more difficult so players that have been around for years have something challenging while keeping the low end interesting enough that newbies will be interested. I think that what happened was that the scale tipped pretty dang heavily towards the veteran crowd while making things harder for new players.

Back when I found this server, when it was running Rockford, it was impossible to get a slot on almost any night. There were just that many people on it. Then all the realism changes started - the cooking overhaul, all the changes to how crime worked. There were a LOT of changes to the gamemode in the interest of making it more realistic, but that these seem to have majorly made the game mode less RPable given that this is a GMOD server, not a full MMO.

I think cooking is a good stand out for this - it used to be straight crafting. It was a grind, but you could just go to an appliance dealer, buy a pot, get some parts and start RPing as a baker, or a hot dog cart attendant. Now it takes for fucking ever to make anything.

This, paired with the extreme inequities in the player base, make RPing for the sake of RPing REALLY difficult. Back when we were running Paralake or Rockford, there was always someone that owned a diner, or a furniture store, or a parts store, or a gun store. The town market that existed at spawn outside town hall fostered a community that doesn't exist on Monoford - everyone just stands outside the hospital and gets RDMed by ambulances. The server added a lot of first-person experiences, but IMO it sacrificed a bunch of things that made a community foster itself.
This is straight facts I hope this brings the attention of the developers. They need to go back to how it was, I didnt play back then but I wish I did cuz it sounds great. I can confirm the only fun thing to do on here now is frag rp and that only works for the veterans because we have money and we've already painfully grinded our skills up. It's so difficult for new players to enjoy this server, the grind is too tedious and boring. This server will die if it can't bring in new players, forget about the old players who are getting bored these devs need to think about the new gen. Also if new players are constantly coming in then the old players will have more interest again. I want a developer to hop on an alt account and try to get started on the server and they'll see that it sucks. Sorry if I went too hard on the server devs but its true