Years of Mono

LV

Restart your computer.

8B1T

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

1. Right click on Garry's Mod in your Steam Library. Go to 'Properties', 'Local Files', 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' this will run a check on your Garry's Mod folder to check for any missing files/errors. Keep in mind this will disallow you to use Steam whatsoever until it is done. (It will take longer if you have a lot of addons) Now attempt to run Garry's Mod.

Move on to number 2 if this does not work.

2. (If you do not have Team Fortress 2 or do not have it installed, then go to number 3.) Go to Steam\steamapps\common\ and find the 'Team Fortress 2' folder. Rename the folder to 'Team Fortress 2 Test' now go to your Steam Library, right click Team Fortress 2 and click 'Delete Local Content' now try to launch Garry's Mod.

If this does not work, move to number 3.

3. Right click Garry's Mod go to 'Properties' click 'Set Launch Options' and type '-dxlevel 81' now try running Garry's Mod.

If this does not work, remove the text from 'Set Launch Options' and move on to number 4.

4. Update your drivers. Sometimes your graphics, sound and other drivers can cause crashes such as these. Make sure you restart your PC once updated.

If this does not work move on to number 5.

5. (If you do not have any Garry's Mod addons, then move on to number 5.) Navigate to Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod and rename 'addons' to 'addons test' then try to launch Garry's Mod. If it works, it means you have a corrupted addon.

If this does not work, move on to number 6.

6. Navigate to Steam\steamapps\common and delete 'GarrysMod' go to Steam, right click 'Garry's Mod' and click 'Delete Local Content' now re-install Garry's Mod. Once Garry's Mod is reinstalled, launch it.

If this does not work, then move on to number 7.

7. Navigate to your Steam area and delete everything other than 'Steam.exe' and 'steamapps' once deleted, run 'Steam.exe' and reinstall Steam.

If you still cannot run Garry's Mod then I can't help you, sorry :c

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

What actually happens when you launch Gmod?

xAdept

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

4. Update your drivers. Sometimes your graphics, sound and other drivers can cause crashes such as these. Make sure you restart your PC once updated.

Don't ever do this if you're not sure what drivers need to be updated. I did this and my computer was incompatible with a driver and fucked it up.

@BasicallyImAGrizzlyBear I'm sure I've ran into a problem like this before. Does it say its running than seconds later closes the game? If that's the case, send me a picture of your cfg file and your launch options. Sometimes a certain command might interfere with the game.

BasicallyImAGrizzlyBear

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Don't ever do this if you're not sure what drivers need to be updated. I did this and my computer was incompatible with a driver and fucked it up.

@BasicallyImAGrizzlyBear I'm sure I've ran into a problem like this before. Does it say its running than seconds later closes the game? If that's the case, send me a picture of your cfg file and your launch options. Sometimes a certain command might interfere with the game.
It stays running, but the icon/actual game doesn't show up. It's the update GMod had. I'm actually not alone.

SoopaSoopa

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

It could possibly be an issue with your anti-virus. I have seen that issue before and disabling your antivirus and or clearing the cache generally fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.