Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Berry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I've recently re-imaged my machine due to a failing OS drive.. during the process I had to reset all the drive letters due to a bad boot. Now my Gmod is on drive D and not E . E is now my Bluray Burner... I can't find the file that points the game in the right direction.. Also keep this in mind this is an "OLD" install of gmod so anything that is normally "steamapp/commons" is not going to happen. Should I just dump and reinstall anyway?

Ice

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I've recently re-imaged my machine due to a failing OS drive.. during the process I had to reset all the drive letters due to a bad boot. Now my Gmod is on drive D and not E . E is now my Bluray Burner... I can't find the file that points the game in the right direction.. Also keep this in mind this is an "OLD" install of gmod so anything that is normally "steamapp/commons" is not going to happen. Should I just dump and reinstall anyway?
There is an option in your game library properties to move the file to a different drive.
It should look like this
A3BBBBEA-BA86-4690-8233-25BA1A57E1A2.png

This guide may help you:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Reinstalling Garry’s mod would probably be the most least stressful thing to do in this case, but do what you desire.

Last edited:

Doc Berry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Reinstalling Garry’s mod would probably be the most least stressful thing to do in this case

I already dumped GMOD (over 100 gigs of old data), still shows up as installed.. Doing a Library repair now to see if I can get it to trip.. if not, I'll try to trick it that way.

UPDATE: It won't let me says (Update Required) What update? Anyway.. Now when I start steam it asks for a disk.. Fuck it at this rate I'm just going to have to start a fresh STEAM install. Running app backup now.

Last edited:

Doc Berry

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Ok sadly, due to the repair it kind of fucked up everything... I had to axe steam *COMPLETELY* off the computer.. No backups no nothing. (aw well) This gives me a butt ton of space to use so I'm kind of happy..

D

Deleted member 902

Ok sadly, due to the repair it kind of fucked up everything... I had to axe steam *COMPLETELY* off the computer.. No backups no nothing. (aw well) This gives me a butt ton of space to use so I'm kind of happy..
Nice to have a clean up every now and then

Resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.