Henry Rick

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Desiro
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:424442388
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Henry Rick

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Gregg

Reason for Report: Gave me warning point incorrectly / Didn't handle the situation reported
Time of Occurrence: 20:00 - 20/03/18
Evidence to support your claim:
https://streamable.com/5i497
https://streamable.com/2j4ug
Additional members involved/witnessing:

I held a man at gunpoint in his car he then he complied. At this time I did not realise he was a detective. He then showed me his badge, I now knew he was a detective, but he had been driving with excessive speed all around the city and wanted him demoted (I was the chief) He then got in his car and tried to drive off. Ithen shot the vehicle as a detective he should not have aran off from his higher-up this caused me to shoot him. To get him to stop after he originally fled in a previous chase with him. This ended up killing his mate, this was not my intent and did call EMS. He then refused to get out the vehicle at gunpoint, Thi is the point I called an admin.

When the admin arrived (Gregg), He did not doing anything about Valentino which had broken Fear RP. He decided he would punish me for falsely code redding the guy. I had told him numerous of times that he broke fearrp and I was just ignored, I was told to RP it better. So I made a report and got punished. This seems rather unfair as Valentino Got away with nothing. Normally in this situation were 2 people break rules, They are told not to do it again and they are let on their way however, in this case. It was a completely different story.

(I apologize for the sarcastic comments, But I was annoyed in this situation.)

Last edited:

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Greetings, @Henry Rick

I figure I should explain the situation, from where I came in, to my final verdict for context for those viewing and the higher administration.

Situation I responded to: I originally responded to a report created by Henry Rick about a player breaking "FearRP". The situation described to me was Henry Rick had a gun held to Valentino, whom then proceeded to evade which led to a code red issued by Henry Rick.

During the situation: During the situation, and hearing both sides of the story, I determined that there was no need for Valentino to be code red. Valentino was not a threat at the time, and all other methods WERE NOT exhausted, there was no pursuit, he was simply fired upon. This code red led to a player being killed as well, whom also was not a threat at all. This whole situation stems from the fact that this detective was speeding around in a rather fast car.

The verdict I took: I determined that this whole situation could have been entirely avoided had Henry Rick roleplayed the situation better. Being that the player, Valentino, was a detective. Henry could have asked in Gov chat and/or contact Valentino over the radio to ask him to slow down. There were safer alternatives, and had these alternatives been ignored, then matters could've escalated to result in a police chase. I know, from personal experience, lieutenants have made calls over the radio to ask officers to slow down or turn on their lights, so in this instance, it would've been a preferred method that would've voided this entire situation.

The reason I issued 2 warning points to you is because you seem to have been around, and have a firm grasp on the rules, and unfortunately in this instance you issued a false code red that I could not let slide without a punishment. There was no need, and I reiterate, you should only code red when the criminal is an active threat or ALL OTHER METHODS have been entirely exhausted per the rules.

I understand that the main grievance was my inaction against Valentino, and upon reflection a warning point wouldn't have hurt for him, but the reason I didn't at the time was because I felt it was unnecessary. This player understood that, under gunpoint, he should comply with FearRP. However, this entirely roleplay situation stemmed from the fact that it wasn't handled properly in the first place. I'll accept that fact, but I do stand behind my judgement however and believe I did an effective job handling the situation.

Kind regards, Gregg.

Reactions: Ali

Henry Rick

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Greetings, @Henry Rick

I figure I should explain the situation, from where I came in, to my final verdict for context for those viewing and the higher administration.

Situation I responded to: I originally responded to a report created by Henry Rick about a player breaking "FearRP". The situation described to me was Henry Rick had a gun held to Valentino, whom then proceeded to evade which led to a code red issued by Henry Rick.

During the situation: During the situation, and hearing both sides of the story, I determined that there was no need for Valentino to be code red. Valentino was not a threat at the time, and all other methods WERE NOT exhausted, there was no pursuit, he was simply fired upon. This code red led to a player being killed as well, whom also was not a threat at all. This whole situation stems from the fact that this detective was speeding around in a rather fast car.

The verdict I took: I determined that this whole situation could have been entirely avoided had Henry Rick roleplayed the situation better. Being that the player, Valentino, was a detective. Henry could have asked in Gov chat and/or contact Valentino over the radio to ask him to slow down. There were safer alternatives, and had these alternatives been ignored, then matters could've escalated to result in a police chase. I know, from personal experience, lieutenants have made calls over the radio to ask officers to slow down or turn on their lights, so in this instance, it would've been a preferred method that would've voided this entire situation.

The reason I issued 2 warning points to you is because you seem to have been around, and have a firm grasp on the rules, and unfortunately in this instance you issued a false code red that I could not let slide without a punishment. There was no need, and I reiterate, you should only code red when the criminal is an active threat or ALL OTHER METHODS have been entirely exhausted per the rules.

I understand that the main grievance was my inaction against Valentino, and upon reflection a warning point wouldn't have hurt for him, but the reason I didn't at the time was because I felt it was unnecessary. This player understood that, under gunpoint, he should comply with FearRP. However, this entirely roleplay situation stemmed from the fact that it wasn't handled properly in the first place. I'll accept that fact, but I do stand behind my judgement however and believe I did an effective job handling the situation.

Kind regards, Gregg.
There was in fact a pursuit which he had sped off from me, I didn't realise he was a detective, so never thought to demote him. I then found him at the bridge and decided to hold him at gunpoint. He then got out complied, showed me his ID thing because he was a detective it was ok to do what he did. He then attempted to sped off from me again. After already doing it once I decided to shoot his car to disable it. I could of used spike strips but as I already had my gun out it made sense to use it. I was annoyed that you didn't do anything to Valentino as he knows the rules too. But like I said, normally in this situation. (2 People break rules) Admins just give both a warning and let them continue RP. Also his car is a hell of alot faster than any of the Police department's so attempting to chase again would of really been out of the question. Whether he understands or not, he still broke a rule.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

There was in fact a pursuit which he had sped off from me, I didn't realise he was a detective, so never thought to demote him. I then found him at the bridge and decided to hold him at gunpoint. He then got out complied, showed me his ID thing because he was a detective it was ok to do what he did. He then attempted to sped off from me again. After already doing it once I decided to shoot his car to disable it. I could of used spike strips but as I already had my gun out it made sense to use it. I was annoyed that you didn't do anything to Valentino as he knows the rules too. But like I said, normally in this situation. (2 People break rules) Admins just give both a warning and let them continue RP. Also his car is a hell of alot faster than any of the Police department's so attempting to chase again would of really been out of the question. Whether he understands or not, he still broke a rule.

Want to point out some things within this post, whether it'll help bring light or not, I'd figure to make some statements.

"After already doing it once I decided to shoot his car to disable it. I could of used spike strips but as I already had my gun out it made sense to use it. I was annoyed that you didn't do anything to Valentino as he knows the rules too."

While a gun is handy from time to time, it's best to use the method that is right for the moment. Using your gun against a vehicle like that, would be code red, and as I have already stated there would need to be a valid threat or all other methods were exhausted. Your second point, regarding Valentino, I clarified in my lengthy post. I understand I should have done a bit more on that front, but the way I personally saw the situation and how it was handled, I figured it'd have been better had this whole situation been avoided in the first place.

"But like I said, normally in this situation. (2 People break rules) Admins just give both a warning and let them continue RP."

I understand there's systems in place, and things are handled a certain way, but not everything is handled the same way. And as I saw the situation, how I saw fit, was to issue punishment. If I was in the wrong, I'll accept and learn from this.

"Also his car is a hell of alot faster than any of the Police department's so attempting to chase again would of really been out of the question."

You have a lot of police officers at your disposal. Set up checkpoints, stops, strips, etc. There is a lot you can do, they might be fast but you still outman them. It requires strategy and skill, but it's better then a false code red in my eyes.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

The warning points you have received are totally legit. Be happy you have not received a blacklist from police chief, or even the whole PD, in addition to these warnings points. You can not code-red somebody unless they are either a general threat to the public in terms of manslaughter or already hurt civilians in the pursuit/prior to the pursuit.

But like I said, normally in this situation. (2 People break rules) Admins just give both a warning and let them continue RP.
You do not dictate how we do our job. Each staff handles their sits completely different - there is no "how to handle sits 101" guidebook. If it was me, then both of you would have received blacklists from the PD.

Report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.