Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

The beta period is quite long, and if there is an immediate exploit resulting in the economy being ruined, that ought to be prevented. An example being the slot machines - I wouldn't have minded if someone had removed them when they gave away millions. With that said, I don't recall hearing from hawke that he took these measures. I understand that it would not be ideal to announce publicly since people would then be made further aware of the bitcoin exploit, but it seems appropriate to report the actions to the server management.

I agree with everything you are saying. However if this situation was such an "exploit" why did hawke not make a change immediately? Instead he went on to lie instead of configuring the files. As the video recalls it says that hawke was in the building with mostwanted and he knew clearly that the bitminers were ruining the economy, instead of taking action he put it aside and kept crafting bacon.

I do not like the respect and hope it will be fixed in the near future.

disrespect(from hawke)*

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I agree with everything you are saying. However if this situation was such an "exploit" why did hawke not make a change immediately? Instead he went on to lie instead of configuring the files. As the video recalls it says that hawke was in the building with mostwanted and he knew clearly that the bitminers were ruining the economy, instead of taking action he put it aside and kept crafting bacon.

I do not like the respect and hope it will be fixed in the near future.

disrespect(from hawke)*

The beta period is quite long, and if there is an immediate exploit resulting in the economy being ruined, that ought to be prevented. An example being the slot machines - I wouldn't have minded if someone had removed them when they gave away millions. With that said, I don't recall hearing from hawke that he took these measures. I understand that it would not be ideal to announce publicly since people would then be made further aware of the bitcoin exploit, but it seems appropriate to report the actions to the server management.

I spent most of the night on Trello reporting bugs, and testing the recently released skills system. What I meant by preventing the exploit came in two parts, posting a detailed card on Trello which @DevulTj acknowledged and took action the morning of by heavily nerfing it. The second part was confirming just how much Bitcoining actually made and part of the reason why I took money from their Bitcoin mines was to see just how much they were making depending on the time and what upgrades they had. I could have removed their Bitcoin servers and closed the store, but I guess I figured that would create a bigger drama case so I allowed them to use them until it was fixed until the morning of which is why I also took some here and there so they would still be earning money, just not tons and tons like they could've had I not taken some. @MostWanted had said in Discord when we were handling this situation prior that he was also mad that I ignored a few requests (one being someone locked in their apartment) this was because I was tabbing in and out of Trello while testing back and forth.

However, I fully want to make this clear that at no point in time did I use any ServerGuard-related powers to remove money from these Bitcoin servers. I had complete access to them by way of shared property keys which I had used. Most of the money collected on my hand was dropped and removed within the days following, the rest was saved and used on testing other features.

@Gurrazor

Last edited by a moderator:

Martinerrr

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

However, I fully want to make this clear that at no point in time did I use any ServerGuard-related powers to remove money from these Bitcoin servers. I had complete access to them by way of shared property keys which I had used. Most of the money collected on my hand was dropped and removed within the days following, the rest was saved and used on testing other features.

@Gurrazor

So essentially you acted here as a staff member and moderator - trying to prevent players from gaining too much money before it would be fixed the next morning, but you did not use any of your "ServerGuard-related powers" or made the users aware of anything going on? I still don't understand the logic behind this entire situation unless it was for self-gain.

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

So essentially you acted here as a staff member and moderator - trying to prevent players from gaining too much money before it would be fixed the next morning, but you did not use any of your "ServerGuard-related powers" or made the users aware of anything going on? I still don't understand the logic behind this entire situation unless it was for self-gain.

I made mention that the Bitcoins were being heavily nerfed by the morning in OOC, everyone on the server at that time was fully aware of that. At the time I just didn't think it was my place to really remove everyone's bitcoin servers without further word from anyone higher up (all of which were offline). Again, two reasons behind why I was removing money from the bitcoin servers and they went as follows. One was measuring how much profit was being made and with which server upgrades. I haven't really ever used the bitcoin script prior so I didn't set one up on my own to test. Two, I had also removed some money here and there to mellow out the earning because the people whom I was basing with at the time were profiting massively from them while the few others on the server didn't appear to really be grinding that hard from what I saw briefly.

You don't need to use ServerGuard to moderate or act as a staff member, especially if no one was breaking rules or running into trouble that would require me to use them. What I did as a staff member and someone apart of testing bugs was clearly outlining the massive exploit bitcoining had been by making devs aware of it on Trello. That's all.

Cosmic

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I made mention that the Bitcoins were being heavily nerfed by the morning in OOC, everyone on the server at that time was fully aware of that. At the time I just didn't think it was my place to really remove everyone's bitcoin servers without further word from anyone higher up (all of which were offline). Again, two reasons behind why I was removing money from the bitcoin servers and they went as follows. One was measuring how much profit was being made and with which server upgrades. I haven't really ever used the bitcoin script prior so I didn't set one up on my own to test. Two, I had also removed some money here and there to mellow out the earning because the people whom I was basing with at the time were profiting massively from them while the few others on the server didn't appear to really be grinding that hard from what I saw briefly.

You don't need to use ServerGuard to moderate or act as a staff member, especially if no one was breaking rules or running into trouble that would require me to use them. What I did as a staff member and someone apart of testing bugs was clearly outlining the massive exploit bitcoining had been by making devs aware of it on Trello. That's all.

@hawke I would like you to get the chat logs for me if you do not mind (showing the date and your statement). Also in your previous comment you said that Stuvi was online.Now you are saying "(all of which were offline)"? I am confused.

Martinerrr

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

@hawke I would like you to get the chat logs for me if you do not mind (showing the date and your statement). Also in your previous comment you said that Stuvi was online.Now you are saying "(all of which were offline)"? I am confused.

@hawke

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You had mentioned I stole from Apple, yet I spoke to Apple who coincidentally spoke to me afterwards mentioned that I wasn't the person whom stole his money and he said Stuvi was in the "Player can hear you" popup above the chatbox when he checked that his Bitcoin had zero dollars, not me. No idea which time or day he is referring to, but that bit did not concern me.

I was speaking of two different times, not to be confused of that, Apple's report which is irrelevant to the case as it doesn't involve me. And this below mentioning the night of which we were basing and I was reporting bugs. There were no management staff online to ask in terms of if it was okay for me to leave or remove Bitcoin servers considering the damage they were causing to the economy so my final decision was to leave it until morning until it was properly fixed.

Chat logs: https://pastebin.com/X58jMcwC

Cosmic

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I was speaking of two different times, not to be confused of that, Apple's report which is irrelevant to the case as it doesn't involve me. And this below mentioning the night of which we were basing and I was reporting bugs. There were no management staff online to ask in terms of if it was okay for me to leave or remove Bitcoin servers considering the damage they were causing to the economy.

Chat logs: https://pastebin.com/X58jMcwC

"Apple's report which is irrelevant to the case as it doesn't involve me."

Cosmic

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Apple and me are both apart of this situation. This is not 2 separate cases.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

No evidence of abuse of administrative powers is in this abuse report and therefore it's denied. At most, one could argue that hawke broke the premise of roleplay a bit in pursuing bitcoin money for an OOC reason, like he stated he did to some extent - even though he did so entirely without using his administrative powers. I hope we can avoid that in the future by making the guidelines for this a bit more clear. If a similar situation arises again, administrative authority should be used to prohibit or block the use of economy-ruining exploits until they are fixed - beta or no beta - and the prohibition must be clearly communicated to those affected at the very least. Testing of exploits can also be conducted using administrative powers if available - alternatively in coordination with players who are willing to cooperate OOCly.

Status
Not open for further replies.