Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: HiddenBush #SINCLAIRS
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143378523
Your Character Name: Freddy Douglas

Ban Length: 4d
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @gm1003

Ban Reason: Not complying with staff
Unban Reason: No current specific rule was broken, demands from said staff member were vauge

Time of Occurrence: 5/19
Additional members involved/witnessing:

Now let me start off by saying this the staff member in question was doing his job pretty correctly and this IS NOT meant to bash the staff but take it as something that deserves specification. at this current moment there are NO RULES stating that i must change something that is outside of garry's mod ( Steam name, bio, etc..) upon staff request. Now i know there is a rule that if staff request something from you you have to do it but obviosly there is a limit because you can't control actual lives. onto the actual situation though. the situation was pretty basic, he told me to change my steam name in which i asked for the rule where it says i must change my name. he could not provide me with such rule but said if i do not then im being "uncompliant" and gave me no format or didn't tell me i couldn't put something in piticular. seeing a loophole in the situation i tell him ill change it in which i did technecaly change it by taking a word out. i then reterned and was banned without a sit, talk to, nothing. my name has also been the same for months and months with no problems and now all of a sudden theres a problem. as a paying member of this server/project and a former staff member of the server i deserve justification.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think it was pretty obvious what I requested from you when I kicked you, it said "change your name".

Then you joined the server again, still with the steam name that I was not ok with.

i then reterned and was banned without a sit, talk to, nothing.
You had your sit, I pulled you to a roof where we both discussed our points of view and you agreed to change your steam name.

After joining the server for the second time with the same/similar steam name, I had enough of your non-compliance and decided to ban you for 4 days. My orders were reasonable, your steam name is publicly seen to the entire server every time you:
  • Are teleported
  • Are kicked
  • Are banned
  • Post to OOC
Was it that hard to just do what you were told?

HiddenBush

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

" still with the steam name that I was not ok with. " With that you prove what i mean when i say im not gonna take your word as if its the word of god and it is a STEAM name, not an RP name that you can actullaly control in the server, which is why it needs justification

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Your steam name is relevant because it's monolith related, your forum signature is the exact same graphic that was used by the monolith organization "Sinclair's Estate" so tell me how those 2 things are not related?

" still with the steam name that I was not ok with. " With that you prove what i mean when i say im not gonna take your word
It's not just that I'm not ok with it, bringing up an organization that was removed by staff with the owner being permanently banned is just, quite simply, trying to cause drama that was dealt with a long time ago. It's the equivalent of saying #FreeMyFriend in OOC.

HiddenBush

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

im not here to drag this out into a long argument and my questions have still remain unanswered. where is the rule, and why is it that i can have that name for months while on the server while causing no drama, activity, nothing, and now its a big deal. and why should i change something that remains outside the servers power and has nothing to do with actual RP?

Last edited:

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

MRP Server Rules Section #1 [General Rules] [Rule #3]
The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
I gave you two chances to comply and you tested my patience. I'm not your babysitter, there are other reports that I have to attend to as well as my personal and volunteered time as staff. I should not have to check up on you to see if you stop being immature and do what I asked you to do.

Due to the fact that you keep trying to find loopholes in our rules and show no signs of remorse or understanding of what you did wrong, you will serve your entire (albeit lenient) punishment of 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.