Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

When I am detective, a lot of people can figure it out, e, even when I use my personal vehicle and not the unmarked ones. If I ask to ride with people, they instantly call me out. However, today I gave other cops intel about a bank raid when I was undercover and took one of the guys with ak's out with a pistol, so I am successful in some cases, even whilst displaying the same behaviour

What mechanism do you guys that help you to figure out who detectives are, and if you are a successful detective, do you have any advice on how to be a good one?

Last edited:

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Players should not be using game mechanics to identify who detectives are. That would be considered metagame. Let's also try not to share metagame techniques.

As far as good detectives go - play the long game. People don't suspect the person they've been with from the start of their little illegal adventure.

Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Players should not be using game mechanics to identify who detectives are. That would be considered metagame. Let's also try not to share metagame techniques.

As far as good detectives go - play the long game. People don't suspect the person they've been with from the start of their little illegal adventure.
When is the best time to reveal yourself as detective? E.g. if you saw people discussing a bank robbery, and they trusted you, shoudl you call it in when you see them with illegal weapons, or shoot them whilst they are in a gunifre with cops, but you can kill them from behind?

imaspy14

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

U can tell some times by the way they act or lead into a question or when someone asks to type in org chat and u say no means your a cop.etc

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

When is the best time to reveal yourself as detective? E.g. if you saw people discussing a bank robbery, and they trusted you, shoudl you call it in when you see them with illegal weapons, or shoot them whilst they are in a gunifre with cops, but you can kill them from behind?
Good question!

What I do is let them get their guns out, make sure I have their names, and prep cops to wait outside until command is given. Warrants to be put in Gov chat asap after they begin to raid.

In response to the reply above mine, I must stress the org chat thing is an exploit. Let's not be using that. Just look out for the very friendly posh people wearing hoodies and saying phrases like “the good stuff if it's not too much trouble”

Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@StewartJames You know on pd frequency detetives callsign shows up as detective, if they go onto civillian comms will their callsign still be detective or will it be listed as their rp name?

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

@StewartJames You know on pd frequency detetives callsign shows up as detective, if they go onto civillian comms will their callsign still be detective or will it be listed as their rp name?
Oh, not sure actually.
I've had no problem with it, that having been said.

Anyone else know?

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Usually, If i'm being a detective i'm not RPing as a narc but instead what an IRL detective would mostly be doing, but when I don't feel like doing that I try to go a base offer someone some rent money to get to base with them, check out what they're doing, call a raid in using iMsg saying not to respond in the tablet and i'll also intentionally miss shots in the raid so my cover isn't blown

Tuko

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Easiest way to see if someone is a detective within rp is the following:

1. Ask if their name is “Sawyer Proxima”
2. If not then it’s not a detective, you can commit your felonies.
3. If you’re still not sure, return to step 1.
@ProximaSync

Hazer

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Also, if you are a known Detective :cough: @ProximaSync :cough:, people will quickly associate you with a detective. No matter what circumstance.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

When I played as Detective I mostly didn't get involved in groups, I was really just an unmarked LEO in my mind. I sorta blended in with civilians so people would act differently if a cop was around.
When I did get involved in groups, I played the long game. I roleplayed for hours, sometimes even became friends with them, but some are great roleplay scenarios, others are toxic and not as immersive.

nick.

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

If im ever selling weapons, which i usually never do, i usually tell the person to /give me the money first. and since the max amount you can "scam" is 20k and the weapons i sell are usually 20k+ i cannot scam. therefore, if it is a detective i still get the money and lose the gun.

Doug Dimmadome

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Typically from how they act or if they are asking too many suspicious questions

Domitaz

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

honestly, just act like you're not a detective. Ask for rides, ride with taxis. Chill at the bank as if you were withdrawing. chill at gas stations, heck suggest illigal activities with people

Pizza

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

we can tell you're a detective because you main cop