How to Remove WIND NOISES // Ambient Sounds // Random Map Noises (Birds, City Noises, Soundscapes)

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Tristan

Monolith Pleb
Dec 27, 2018
I've seen a lot of people complain about wind noises on the server, I made a guide on how I removed them and thought I'd share it here:

1. Navigate to your Garry's Mod directory in file explorer. (Default is C:\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod)
2. Type into File Explorer's search bar "soundscape".
3. Press Ctrl+A to select everything it finds, and then delete them.

See this guide for more information: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624007814

Update: Thu Jan, 24 2019
I'm not sure how this affects True North, I know it removed all ambience from Paralake but I think True North uses some custom ambience sounds that are hard coded into the map. Like bug noises and forest noises will remain.

Last edited:
Reactions: gm1003

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Dec 10, 2017
How has nobody commented on this.
Thank you so much Chief.

Danniel Pogi