Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Willis

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Everytime I get to Sending Client It sits there for about 20 seconds then crashes. What can I do to stop this. I already reinstalled garry's mod and unsubscribed/deleted all my addons for a fresh install. Are there any file changes I have to make? Thanks!

Eden305

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

It might be a internet/steam issue or the server :D

Violence

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

This happened to me previously and it just happens sometimes, I haven't found a permanent fix however this worked for me as long as this is the same type of issue. Follow this:

- Load GMOD
- Go to Addons
- Disable "Enhanced Civilian 4" & "Ford CVPI"
- Join Monolith
- Go to Addons
- Re-enable "Enhanced Civilians 4" &"Ford CVPI"

Try this and see if it works, you should only have to do this once and then it should work correctly for the rest of the time. If not let the game crash whilst loading in and then load it up again and check the console it should show some type of error messages. Post that here and see if somebody can help.

Snivy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

So the thing about crashing is that there’s literally hundreds of reasons for anything to go wrong at any point in time. Saying “I crashed at some arbitrary point in time” doesn’t give a lot to work with sometimes, especially when said point in time is when everything is starting up and initializing

The things that have already been suggested might or might not work but your best bet would be a dump file which you can upload here (https://dumps.metastruct.uk.to) and it might help a dev actually pinpoint what crashed you and if they can even fix it

Snivy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

(Can’t edit on phone so sorry for double post)

There’s also the standard stuff such as verify integrity of game cache, check con vars, and in worse cases reinstall gmod

Status
Not open for further replies.