Sumobear50

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Look, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, but as it stands we can all agree that Monolith is dying. I would name a ton of reasons as to why it would be (namely too many things that rely on premium, unbalanced PVP modes, lack of focus on non-PVP jobs like the food truck, mechanic, etc.) but I'm not here to be a naysayer. I'm here to give suggestions that will bring players back to Monolith RP, including myself, if implemented. I love Monolith, but with how things are going I've been getting very frustrated. Please listen to me before deleting this or talking shit and telling me I don't know anything. I know enough that I want to try and help save the server.

Idea 1 - Complete Rebalancing of the Cops v. Robbers aspect.
As it stands, this is the biggest and most unbalanced issue in the entire server. Cop players suffer when trying to take on criminal players, namely due to the fact that cop armor (which, in real life consists of Level IIIA body armor for most law enforcement mostly rated for pistol calibers up to .357 SIG and .44 MAG) gets melted by even the smallest pistol in the game. I can't recall the amount of times I've been instantly killed by a single guy with a damn 9mm pistol due to how poor the police armor is. SWAT armor even gets shredded as far as I can see. (SWAT use Level III, Level III+, and Level IV plates, all of which can stop large rifle calibers with Level IV plates able to stop 30.06 AP rounds.)

Cops need an armor buff, and criminals need an armor DEBUFF. With the cops having armor that gets melted, the criminals have armor that can withstand a laser blast from Iron Man. Even shooting them with the FN Five-seveN does nothing, and that shoots a 5.7mm cartridge which is legally classed as an armor piercing round by the ATF and is only allowed to be sold to active military personnel and law enforcement officials. I remember one time my buddy and I were testing the crafted body armor, and it took I think several headshots to take him down with the FN. Not fun, not balanced, and it's something we've been complaining about for years. In my opinion, we need Cops to be very powerful and for the Criminals to rely on special tactics and equipment to complete their job instead of blindly rushing in and turning the police station into mince meat.

Phew... With that out of the way, Idea 2.

Idea 2 - More Civilian Job Features.
As fun as PVP is for some players, there are many players like me who just want to be able to hop on and relax. Maybe cook some burgers, maybe make smoothies, maybe cook a pizza, and maybe, just maybe, deliver packages. But unfortunately, the civilian jobs all just... suck in comparison to the PVP jobs. I remember making a suggestion to enhance the Food Truck system by suggesting a cooking minigame, where the better you did the better the food was and the more Hunger/Thirst it restored. That would be so cool and fun! But sadly, it hasn't been added :(

But anyway. Imagine how much fun playing civilian jobs would be if they weren't just "sit around and wait for players to interact" jobs (Vehicle Mechanic, Medical Intern, Food Truck Driver respectively). Imagine being a tanker driver, where you had to deliver gasoline from an oil refinement plant to a gas station. Or maybe an Uber Eats type job where you can pick up food from a store and take it to a player who ordered it. Maybe there can be an online order system that would actually encourage players to buy a house. Using a computer in the house could open up a type of Amazon delivery service and players could request legal (and sometimes not so legal ;p) items and have it be delivered by the PostOP Vans! Then you have that food truck idea! It's already so hard to get quality food due to needing to own a house to cook stuff and needing to grind for hours to raise your cooking skill to cook better stuff. Why not turn a place into a restaurant where players can order food and have players trying to level up their cooking cook them! That would allow for A), Quality food to be distributed, and B), Players to level up their Cooking Skill faster!

There is so much that can be done to enhance the Civilian Roleplaying experience! I have many more ideas in this regard but I don't want to make another paragraph on it lol.

Idea 3 - MEEEEEDIIIICal Bills.
I understand it's a thing to create realism, but when your bank account is siphoned 20k after getting VDM'd by a mass RDMer, it's quite annoying. Nerf the bills but don't make them non-existent. Short, meaningful, helps players not lose hours of progress upon death. QoL really.

Idea 4 - More Transparency.
One thing that any player wants with their favorite server is transparency. Like, for example, what's going on behind the scenes, what is planned, current state of affairs, potential partnerships, etc. Talking to your community and being open about certain things will prevent giving you shit when you're giving updates on any hardships or any progress.

Idea 5 - Events!
Self Explanatory.

With these 5 Ideas combined with Monolith, we might just set Monolith forward on an upward spiral and maybe bring back some old players! Woot!

Jordan Vercetti

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

cop idea is bad cops already have unlimited durability with any attachment they want at barely and price and no price with a mayor. Cops lose zero when they die and the civs have everything to lose. You want to buff police to be pretty much unstoppable which will cause more players to lose more items which would not be a good thing and would not bring people back to play the server. these suggestions just sound like things YOU would prefer and would do nothing but cause a bigger divide.

Sumobear50

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

cop idea is bad cops already have unlimited durability with any attachment they want at barely and price and no price with a mayor. Cops lose zero when they die and the civs have everything to lose. You want to buff police to be pretty much unstoppable which will cause more players to lose more items which would not be a good thing and would not bring people back to play the server. these suggestions just sound like things YOU would prefer and would do nothing but cause a bigger divide.
That's the whole point. You shouldn't take on the police if you aren't willing to lose everything. That's realistic. You don't rob a bank and expect cops to come in naked do you? That's what might as well be happening with the current balancing. With cop armor being buffed, crafted armor being nerfed, and that whole aspect being balanced to favor the cops would make it so the criminals would need to think of tactics to avoid the police, or maybe the devs could add special equipment for the criminals to give them an advantage

Sumobear50

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

And your point that cops lose nothing when they die doesn't stand because non premium player cops get slapped with medical bills. Plus, we have limited attachments, and the mayor's budget is always running out, especially with low server population. Not to mention when they mayor is dead/not in office, we have to pay for equipment out of pocket.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Idea 1 - Complete Rebalancing of the Cops v. Robbers aspect.
As it stands, this is the biggest and most unbalanced issue in the entire server. Cop players suffer when trying to take on criminal players, namely due to the fact that cop armor gets melted by even the smallest pistol in the game. I can't recall the amount of times I've been instantly killed by a single guy with a damn 9mm pistol due to how poor the police armor is. SWAT armor even gets shredded as far as I can see.
I always see this "Cop players suffer when trying to take criminal players". But what I see Cops win most of their engagement against criminals. Its just Cop players struggled against organized criminals. Which would make sense because that's why they're known as organized criminals. And these organized criminals have always found themselves in organizations or have people to rely on for back up. Just like cops.

Also, Cops were recognized and given a buff. Police paychecks were increased. SWAT has 150 armor now , a new very accurate sniper, new RIOT Shield. LOWER Police Ranks have access to better weapons like M4 Carbine,G36Cs, Vectors, and etc. But also I do agree cops should get more attachments, it doesn't really make a difference to me a criminal.

And your point that cops lose nothing when they die doesn't stand because non premium player cops get slapped with medical bills. Plus, we have limited attachments, and the mayor's budget is always running out, especially with low server population. Not to mention when they mayor is dead/not in office, we have to pay for equipment out of pocket.
Jordan's point does still stand, Cops basically lose nothing. Just notice how Police have 2nd Lives for raids. And how quickly they can get back in time. Paying for your gear out of pocket is not a bad thing. You say it like its a bad thing, when a small problem has been the Mayor not having enough money for budget. But seriously most of the time when server is at a good pop, there is a mayor and he does have the money for PD's budget. Its only sometimes where COPS have to pay out of pocket. Still, for what I see most of the time is cops wait in the locker room for the Mayor to add more budget so Officers can use the PD's budget.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

if police were ever going to be given a huge buff. Then they should remove the two lives rule for cops. But that's never happening because everyone don't mind the two lives rule. Both cops and criminals.

But then again, if they did remove two lives maybe the server will become less PVP and more RP that's my theory.

Last edited:

Sumobear50

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I always see this "Cop players suffer when trying to take criminal players". But what I see Cops win most of their engagement against criminals. Its just Cop players struggled against organized criminals. Which would make sense because that's why they're known as organized criminals. And these organized criminals have always found themselves in organizations or have people to rely on for back up. Just like cops.

Also, Cops were recognized and given a buff. Police paychecks were increased. SWAT has 150 armor now , a new very accurate sniper, new RIOT Shield. LOWER Police Ranks have access to better weapons like M4 Carbine,G36Cs, Vectors, and etc. But also I do agree cops should get more attachments, it doesn't really make a difference to me a criminal.

Jordan's point does still stand, Cops basically lose nothing. Just notice how Police have 2nd Lives for raids. And how quickly they can get back in time. Paying for your gear out of pocket is not a bad thing. You say it like its a bad thing, when a small problem has been the Mayor not having enough money for budget. But seriously most of the time when server is at a good pop, there is a mayor and he does have the money for PD's budget. Its only sometimes where COPS have to pay out of pocket. Still, for what I see most of the time is cops wait in the locker room for the Mayor to add more budget so Officers can use the PD's budget.
Fair points. I'll keep that bookmarked.

Jordan Vercetti

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

That's the whole point. You shouldn't take on the police if you aren't willing to lose everything. That's realistic. You don't rob a bank and expect cops to come in naked do you? That's what might as well be happening with the current balancing. With cop armor being buffed, crafted armor being nerfed, and that whole aspect being balanced to favor the cops would make it so the criminals would need to think of tactics to avoid the police, or maybe the devs could add special equipment for the criminals to give them an advantage
so your idea to BALANCE the fights is make police insanely OP and nerf civilians armor? This suggestion makes 0 sense and is obviously just to enhance the server for cop mains this doesn't bring balance at all. cops have 2 lives, a bunch of guns they can choose from for 2k, $100 armor and free ammo. If you are still making excuses because your dying to pistols as a cop then its a you problem

Slick ♔

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Idea 1 makes no sense and shouldn't take place.

regentmoney147

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

snortable coke and abilities while on coke or meth (slight) or atleast let it restore small amounts of hp while risking OD, Silk road black market for guns and exotics, car bombs and ieds (make them crazy like 25k a piece), better guns for swat, nix captain whitelist, overhaul most of the guns, add better escape routes for prison, ladders (bad idea but would be fun), better perks for being the boss of a crime syndicate, better daily rewards (i got cake on day 7 like are you fuckin forreal), more civ motorcycles, drive bys (only with kos), power plant raids were great when kero was more valuable yall fucked that one tbh.

Sumobear50

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

To be honest, even if Idea 1 is bad (which I will acknowledge, considering someone pointed out the errors in my logic), but y'all need to focus on my other ideas to an extent.