Should ‘Laws of Monolith’ Max Sentences be Enforced?

• Yes

10/18 Votes (55.6%)
  • No

8/18 Votes (44.4%)

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

EDIT: I made a suggestion post about this, find it here: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/jail-times.26225/
I cannot think of a bigger or longer war on Monolith then the war between police mains and criminals. It seems like there is always a argument going on about something between them. I would like to open this thread to discuss. In my time on Monolith as a cop I have always based jail times off this document: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/laws-of-monolith.6021/
However, I still see cops putting me in jail for 45-60 minutes for having a Class A firearm and lock pick and attempting to murder the single officer on me. I have not gotten a solid answer on what a truly fair sentence is and I have never seen admins lower sentences based on that document. I am just looking for input on if anybody else thinks that those maximum sentences should be enforced or if it should be based on officers discretion.

Last edited:

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

There used to be an amazing document designed by DystopianRaven that was perfect for jail times, I believe it was taken down a while back it would be nice if a document similar was put back into circulation. It had suggestions for all jail times and even a tab for rights. And with what you said if you just had a class-A firearm and attempted to murder someone in my opinion 27-30 minutes would be much more fair, but that’s my opinion.

Attachments

• 0A02D6C4-8E20-406B-8A8F-C24BDC842578.jpeg
    0A02D6C4-8E20-406B-8A8F-C24BDC842578.jpeg
    1,009 KB · Views: 19

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Whathe12

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The document by Rommel is a bit outdated since the jail times were increased from 30 mins max to 60. For me personally, I take into consideration the persons previous criminal record when booking them. I hope it acts as a deterrent, if you get arrested 4 times for stealing a car in a span of a day or 2 then yeah you’re faced with at least 30 mins the next time I arrest ya.

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

The document by Rommel is a bit outdated since the jail times were increased from 30 mins max to 60. For me personally, I take into consideration the persons previous criminal record when booking them. I hope it acts as a deterrent, if you get arrested 4 times for stealing a car in a span of a day or 2 then yeah you’re faced with at least 30 mins the next time I arrest ya.
But the problem with that is people like me who have played for three years have a incredibly long police record and will never get a fair feeling sentence. I feel like there is a difference between it being ridiculous and just unfair. Personally I have gotten 45 minutes for possession of a class A and nothing else. That’s the problem with basing jail times off previous crimes. That’s also why I think a max sentence should be put in place.