Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:142439413
Name: Derek Smith

Target Steam Name: Jeff
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:115136120
Target Character Name (if known): N/A
@Jeff

Request reason: Metagaming
When did the situation occur?: 8/30/28 around 9PM
Your evidence to support your claim : as you can hear in his video he is metagaming with someone.

Last edited:

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

[2.3] Metagaming/Powergaming

1. Metagaming is not allowed. Any kind of information you gain via OOC may not be used IC. Any IC information may not be provided in OOC.
    1. This excludes helping out -new- players in OOC asking specific questions for their start.
  2. Knowledge you gain from the Realtor NPC is OOC information.
  3. Meta-baiting is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, using OOC to lure someone to a certain location.
  4. Powergaming, forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it, is not allowed.
  5. Any information/evidence needed for IC actions, eg: raids, muggings etc. must be gained from first person view. Any sort of information gained in third person is invalid.
Do you know what metagaming is?

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Talking to someone and not engaging with them is ok. You are taking discord out of context.

Tell me where I broke this rule.

1. When playing on the server, our Discord is the only allowed third-party program for communication - crews get their own channel only accessible to their members. It is prohibited to use the discord for IC communication, eg: sharing locations, agreeing on meetings, trades etc.

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

what IC information

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

the guy on the call is new to the server and I was introducing him to certain rules and stuff while on. I also was venting to him about how I got killed by the cops roadblock and started calling the whole police force a bunch of morons too.

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Yes but I was out of character

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

when you get off and talk to your friends IRL or on discord later you aren't allowed to tell them anything you did in gmod then.

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

The things is very vague

Jeff

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah have some common sense to the fact that I can talk to people on discord

Not just be like oh he's on discord he's clearly meta-gaming that's the only thing people use discord for

D

Deleted member 902

@Jeff I can clearly hear metagaming in the video, you will be punished with warning points in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.