Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

logo.png

Ban Appeal Format

Ban Length: 6 days 23 hours
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Asiandiskool

Ban Reason: Job Abuse, Lying in a Sit, False Code Red. Ban Reinstated.
Unban Reason: Look, I do sincerely apologise to you for what I did, I know I shouldn't have done it, and I know that I won't do it again, I tried to find a 'get rich quick' scheme, and I know what I did was wrong. I personally don't really know what to say here, seeing as this is my first ever ban on Monolith. But I genuinely am very sincere, and I wasn't aware that I was accidentally unbanned, and I know I probably should've asked the staff who banned me if it was okay to join back, but I personally thought I was given a second chance, and when I came back on in the morning he was gone. I don't know why the ban was extended, and quite honestly I don't quite remember what I said in the sit that was a lie. Here is how the first situation went down from my POV:

START OF BANK SITUATION

I was a bank security, inside of the bank. I was hearing the squeak of the doors opening so I began to investigate. I investigated the noise long enough to notice it was coming from the garage. Once I walked out I noticed a truck parked in the back, seeing as it was employee's only I decided to investigate it. Upon investigation I found ~4 small/large stacks of cash. I decided to move them out of the truck and place them in a pile next to the door. (the door, not the garage door.) and after that I decided to wait for the owner to return to his truck to try to make his getaway, upon returning I tried to arrest him, but he escaped. I don't know if this is where the job abuse comes in or not, because I tried to let him go without being arrested, but being on a warn. But whilst I let him go he kept trying to run back in, and he unlocked the car and I cuffed him. At this time my friend (who was not bank security at the time), decided to get in, and attempt to drive away. He got away and I honestly didn't know what to do with the man, I didn't want to call the police because he was fairly new and I felt bad for him. So I pulled him out of the garage door and let him go. Once he had been let go, I forgot about leaving the cash by the doorway and decided to leave.

END OF BANK SITUATION

START OF GAS STATION SITUATION

For the second part to be understandable, it is almost exactly after the first event, I was still bank security and got a notification that the "Essence Gas Station" was being robbed. I decided to grab my security car and head straight over to the location, upon arriving at the location I saw a man at the front with his hands in the air, I told him to leave, or be arrested. After that I decided to pull my gun out and enter the Gas Station Vault Room. Once I entered I saw a man stuck inside of the drill. I decided to handcuff him and (I don't remember if this next sentence is exact, as my memory is quite faulty) I either, let him go off scot-free because he seemed new or I cuffed him and called the cops to come and arrest him. I am pretty sure it was the second. Anyway, after that was dealt with I went in to investigate the drill, I attempted to take the drill off using my Phys-Gun, however that did not work. I then attempted to take it off by pressing E, RMB + LMB, all the sorts. The one thing I didn't do was an admin for help. Now I should've done that and this whole situation could've been avoided.

This part I will talk about the false code red, then carry on to the gas station robbery.

The man that I let go in the last paragraph, I believe he was a friend of the robber. Seeing as he decided to lockpick my car, now I'm kind of new so I don't fully understand the code red rules, which I obviously should've checked up on in which I apologise. He stole my Security Vehicle and decided to start driving away, now at this moment one thing came to my head and that was "Oh **ck, how can I stop him?" The first thing that came to my mind as an action was shooting out the tires. So I began to attempt to lay shots into the vehicle's tires, however I didn't manage to stop it. It drove away. Now a few moments later I called it in on /government chat. After that I saw the car returning, and I watched him hit into somebody and I heard that person take damage, so I began shooting again. Thats the last I saw of the vehicle before the sit.

BACK TO GAS STATION SITUATION

After the drill finished, I pressed E on the Drill, cracking open the vault and seeing an item inside, seeing the price of this item and how poor I am, I decided to throw the item behind the vault and try to sneak it out after I had resigned as my job, obviously this was massive job abuse and should not be allowed under any circumstances. I then proceeded to go off my job and purchase a cheap bag and get my car, and I attempted to pick up the statue and drive away, however whilst driving the admin caught me, bringing me up to the roof. Ending the Gas Station Situation.

END OF GAS STATION SITUATION

I personally don't remember much about the sit, due to the stress in my head of thinking "oh, what have i done now". I had obviously regretted my decisions as I started trying to reach every possible outcome that could be good and attempted to weasel my way out of the situation. However personally myself I do not remember lying. If this could please be stated to me I am willing to apologise and tell the truth of what happened.

Time of Occurrence: I'm not aware of the first ban, however the 2nd ban ~6:40pm 08/07/20 I believe.
Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes.

Asiandiskool

Media Creator
Media Team

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Jake,

So originally, you were banned for 4 days for Unauthorized corruption and a False Code Red. The reason why you were banned for that long is due to the fact that while watching from the start, I thought it was already suspicious that you were bringing money that was saved in a bank raid, not in the safes, but at the garage itself. At the same time, your friend was lockpicking the garage door. As soon as you left, he got in, found more money and added it to the already big pile in garage.

At around this time you responded to the raid at the Gas Station getting robbed. Everything played out exactly as you said in this appeal and you are 100% right when you said you should have contacted an admin to remove it. From my perspective it just appears you left it on to make even more money from this scheme you were playing with your friend. While your friend was robbing the vault, you were "guarding" the gas station room waiting for the drill to run out so you can hide the loot behind the safe.

When it comes to the false code red, this is where our stories dont line up. In the short video below, you will hear the sound of the car alarm going off (your car) and driving away. Immediately as soon as you see it you try to light it up even though there is no reason to shoot at him. Even if you were trying to shoot at the tires, the car was already by townhall before you fired your first shot. you had no chance at stopping that vehicle. You stated that someone got hit during the time you shot at the vehicle. At no point was someone even close to your vehicle that got robbed. That is why "Lying in a sit" and a ban extension came in because of the fact that from watching you, I didnt see anyone hit and you shot at him for no reason.

At the end of the day the following rules were broken:

[2.2] Player versus Player
4. Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.

[2.6] FailRP
  1. You must abide by realistic roleplay measures. If something you are doing is illogical in a real life situation, then you can’t do it on the server.
[5.1] General
4. You may not abuse your job by misusing your powers or farm XP.

And on top of all that, based on my video, you were also lying in the sit stating that you were shooting at someone for hitting someone, when in reality, he stole your car, you ran at him and fired shots at him.

With that being said, I will be denying this ban appeal as you just broke too many rules as well as lying with video evidence. It was scam after scam after scam and I can't unban or lower your ban for that.

Appeal Denied
Thread Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.