Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Joey Skylynx | meowbird0
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11061926
Your Character Name: Joey Skylynx

Ban Length: 3 Days
Banning Staff Member: @Nick

Ban Reason: FailRP / Stalling roleplay | Appeal @ Monolithservers.com
Time of Occurrence: 2130 Hours in UTC -6:00(North Dakota) on the 17th of January, 2018
Relevant Evidence: I do not have any visual or auditory evidence, as I tend too not have a recording program on, and using the demo system for Source seems to not work.
Additional members involved/witnessing: Guy who was robbing me, Alec Wong.

So, this is a rather interesting story. I was farming n' fishing on the dock, and put down a Youtube Television in order to watch some things. Realizing that I did not have anything to watch, I decided to pick up my television, and as I was turning around to tend too my crops, I noticed an individual walking up to me with a gun out, and was saying put my hands up. This individual of course was Alec Wong, and he tied me up and asked me to drop my deagle, and I did. He then took my crops which were still on the ground, and then demanded I give him my Television. I told him in an OOC manner that, "You cannot rob me of a legal item like a television" which for those who are unaware, you realistically cannot steal any items which are legal and are within a player's inventory.

From the following - Section 4 - "Criminal Rules", Subsection 2 - "Mugging, Kidnapping, and Robbing", Rule 15(4 2.15): During a mugging, you may only take illegal items from a player’s inventory along with a maximum of $10,000. Weapons, regardless of legality, are able to be obtained. Legal items like ores may not be obtained during a mugging.

In otherwords, you cannot rob someone of a legal item during a mugging, if it's already in their inventory.

Well, Nick instantly showed up and without even asking of the situation, demanded that I drop the television. I told him that I will not drop the television, as the TV was a legal item. He demanded I drop it again, and again... And again. I told him several times that I would not drop the television as it's, a legal item, and was within my inventory. Therefore I am not required to drop said television during a mugging, as is the case with the rules.

He then told me if I do not drop the television, I would get a banhammer up my ass, and I promptly told him that I will not drop the television. And... Banned. For..? FailRP and Stalling RP.

Even though before that point, I gave up my crops, handgun[Desert Eagle], and I believe Alec Wong took my Zipties, which if I am correct, would fall under even another rule: Section 4 - "Criminal Rules", Subsection 2 - "Mugging, Kidnapping, and Robbing", Rule 17: It is allowed to rob someone of three items that are for sale, e.g. guns in a gunshop. You may not rob them of their legal belongings (see 4.2.15 for clarification). Officers are allowed to confiscate illegal weapons that are for sale.

From what I can see with the rules, I did not have to drop any legal items which were already in my inventory. I wasn't even given a clarification if I was reading the rules wrong, as nothing was discussed. I was simply banned right off the bat, and that was that.

I figure that it's unlikely I'll be unbanned, but I'm still confused as too why I was banned while within an admin sit, for simply disagreeing to drop a legal item. Until any further evidence comes to light, or clarification of the rules is made, I feel wrongfully banned.

Nick

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Are you seriously trying to sit there and try to lie? If you're going to lie in appeals it will neither help you or save your credibility.

08:44:45 PM - Police Logs - Fever - Alec Wong (STEAM_0:1:94534698) ziptied Joey Skylynx - Joey Skylynx (STEAM_0:1:11061926)
08:44:49 PM - Inventory - Joey Skylynx - Joey Skylynx (STEAM_0:1:11061926) picked up item: Smart TV

Picking up the TV before the mugging would you like to re state your self? or would you rather I extend your ban?

to another point it was rather foolish of you to take a 3 day ban over not dropping a few low priced items. just saying ain't all that smart to do so.

Joey Skylynx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Extend the ban, go ahead.

I have done nothing wrong, the rules implicitly state as much.

Also it is worth mentioning that doesn't it usually take five seconds to pick up an item?

Last edited:

Fever

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Since I was apart of this I would like to add in a few words... @Nick
First,
In otherwords, you cannot rob someone of a legal item during a mugging, if it's already in their inventory.
No rule was broken here due to evidence prvided by nick, you picked up the tv after being placed in zipties which is fail rp

Second,
It is allowed to rob someone of three items that are for sale
dont forget about the for sale

Third, not only did you pick up your tv, you harvested your crops! (no evedince unless nick has logs)

Fourth.
believe Alec Wong took my Zipties
Dont Worry i did not toutch you zip ties

Finaly, i would recomend looking at the rules closer due to the reasons of the ban, and the understanding of the rules you provided

I would add more but the info provided shoule hep the understanding of the ban

Nick

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

You did do something wrong, and you should know better this is obviously going to be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.