Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 282

Your Steam Name: Sweaty God
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33414218
Your Character Name (If Applicable): John Blacklake

Ban Length: 2 months
Admin who banned you: Not sure it, it seems it was a decision made among multiple staff members on the ban thread on which I was reported: 

Ban Reason: Mass RDM
Time of Occurrence: 4/15/17
Relevant Evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOMiK3THwk&feature=youtu.be&t=231 (First video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxg0Nf2aAAM&feature=youtu.be&t=282 (Second video)

Additional members involved/witnessing: None really worth mentioning or would be on my side other than @LB.1up but that'd be biased since he was on my side. (I don't mean the other side is to be ignored, I just mean that there isn't really anyone to call to my defense, the people opposed to my defense can be cited on the thread of my ban request mentioned above.)

My side of the story:

There wasn't a part on the appeal format for my side of the story so I just added one, I think it's kind of necessary otherwise I am not bringing anything new to the table on the matter.

I do agree that it seemed kind of ridiculous, I killed a large amount of people, I myself wasn't feeling too good about the matter, although I knew I wasn't in the wrong. I know what your thinking, "Then why did you just say you didn't feel too good about it just a second ago?". Well, because I played on enough RP servers to know that the fog of battle, the heat of the moment, would make people assume Mass RDM, instead of trying to find the spark that ignited the explosion. 

To start, I'd like to start by saying I do not get on the server to troll. I am here to RP, I love RP both lite and serious and in between. I always try to do the right thing, I always try to keep my actions in accordance with the rules. That is why I reported the duplication glitch a few days back, which a co-founder recognized and rewarded me for. That is why I am active on the forums. That is why today I came on the server and turned myself in to the active moderator and explained to him what happen, allowing him to ban me, instead of taking advantage of the low population of the server to change my name and go undetected. Why do I bring these events up? Not to make myself look like an upstanding community member and boast my decent actions to an audience, no. It is because I think it speaks to the fact that it is uncharacteristic of me to break the rules, especially so foolishly. I know you might be thinking, "That's all fine and dandy, but you still committed mass RDM." Please, let me explain why I do not believe I did.

In the first video, it is clear that the officer killed my friend, and he also was attempting to detain him (seen at 2:303:50 in the First video), that is why I killed him. Sure I faked being the victim to get out of a sticky situation. He showed mercy, but I was just playing sneaky, trying to get him to take his attention off of me, I was not surrendering to him, I was plotting against him. He then called a paramedic to revive my friend with intent to arrest him (seen at 3:50 in the First video), I couldn't allow that, so I shot him in the back. 

In the Second video, at 1:40, you only see the second part of the mess that the entire situation was. The officers had been harassing Harry and shooting his car for a while now, and I had been plotting, try to find a window of time where I could kill them all and save Harry or @LB.1up. If killing officers for: harassing, attempting to arrest and shooting your friend is not valid, then I am truly sorry. I thought that it was a valid RP reason. 

In summation I would like to say that throughout this entire situation, I believed that what I was doing was right by the rules. I did not mean to grief players, or ruin their RP experience. I never intended to break rules, intentionally. If you are a gangster and you ride and die with your gang members, they know all about your operation. If the officers were to arrest him, you know that if you don't help him out, and he goes to jail, he might rat on you too and give away your entire operation. My character and my character's ally were at jeopardy, it was my last resort. 

Thank you for your time and consideration,

J.

Last edited:

Aidan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

As one of the staff members who dealt with you and your friends yesterday, I do feel a bit one sided. This is a rule you know - Killing is a last resort. So when you say 

I couldn't allow that, so I shot him in the back. 

If you had shot him and not axed him then it'd be different.

D

Deleted member 282

As one of the staff members who dealt with you and your friends yesterday, I do feel a bit one sided. This is a rule you know - Killing is a last resort. So when you say 

If you had shot him and not axed him then it'd be different.

I did shoot him. Pause the First video 3:59 and you can see the guy holding the axe, his name is "Senpaii Deluxee", mine is "John Blacklake", that is not me with the axe. I shot him with a H&K MP5. You can hear me equip the gun @ 3:53 in the First video. Also @Aidan, with all due respect, did you read my side of the story? I explain why I felt it was a last resort.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This ban appeal is closed as this situation will be resolved today on the community Discord, as Gurrazor stated on the ban request thread.

Reference:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

John Blacklake has been unbanned due to the fact that he had no time to state his side in the ban request. We will discuss the ban request later today and if we think it's incorrect to have him not banned we will revert that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.