Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Flip
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:87610185
Your Character Name: John Izo

Ban Length: 1 Year
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @gm1003

Ban Reason: Assisting Malicious Activity
Unban Reason: First off I would just like to say, I made a mistake which I wish I never made in the first place. It was about 3 months ago when a certain player in our org that decided to get on and break some rules. I chose not to participate in whatever he was doing, but got caught up in helping him, which caused me to assist in malicious activity. I stand by my point of not knowing what he was intending to do, I was just in the wrong place in the wrong time and decided to help a fellow org member but my actions were not careful enough, resulting in a ban. I am deeply sorry for my actions, and I should of been more careful before deciding to help him. I believe I have been banned for a reasonable amount of time, and would love to rejoin the community, and carefully read over the rules once more before I join again. I did not intend for any of this to happen and just wanted to help someone out. If I am allowed back into the community, I promise to be more careful with my actions and not break any rules.
If a member of the staff team would like to talk on Discord I am open to do that as well, just PM me.
Thanks
Time of Occurrence: About 3 months ago

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Since this ban length is longer than 1 month I'm locking this thread for CM to handle it. @PMX

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Since you banned him, what do you recommend @gm1003 ?

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I stand by my point of not knowing what he was intending to do
That’s not true, there is significant evidence that shows Kevin Brooks was going to mass RDM cops. It was said in OOC, and it was said in your /rc chat as well.

On top of that, you are a veteran player; as such, how do you expect me to believe that you are not able to recognize a major rulebreak? Even new players know when a mass RDM is going on.

I tried to view this appeal positively as you have been banned for several months like you said, but pretending to have been ignorant of the whole situation doesn’t make you look like you honestly learned from your mistakes.

Flip_111

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

That’s not true, there is significant evidence that shows Kevin Brooks was going to mass RDM cops. It was said in OOC, and it was said in your /rc chat as well.

On top of that, you are a veteran player; as such, how do you expect me to believe that you are not able to recognize a major rule break when even new players know when a mass RDM is going on?

I tried to view this appeal positively as you have been banned for several months like you said, but stop pretending to have been ignorant of the whole situation.

I agree that after the whole situation, evidence did show that it was Kevin Brooks intention to do such a thing, but I never took it seriously. When Kevin Brooks said it in chat, I did not take it as something he would literally do, knowing he had been on the server for such a long time, longer then I played for.
I was just trying to give it from my point of view, which I did not know his true intentions. He apparently was already starting to rule break before I even got involved, or was around. I was driving around suburbs, when I heard the radio call, not just from Kevin, but from other org members as well, that they needed assistance. I followed through and helped them. At the end of the situation, I realized it was not only my org members, but Kevin that was at the scene. If I could go back in time, and not show up to help them, then I would, but unfortunately, I chose the wrong thing to do.

As stated above, I wanted to apologize for my behavior, and reflecting now, I know I should of been more careful with how I handled the situation, but from my point of view, I really just wanted to help some people out that needed assistance. I know now that I should of been more careful of how I did handle it, and also had the time to reflect.

If you do decide to unban me, I wont ever make the same mistake again, and if I did, I would take whatever punishment needed. I just would love to rejoin the community, and have a chance of redeeming myself.

Again, if needed I am open to talk on discord.
Thanks

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

The ban will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.