Not open for further replies.

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Grady
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53209891
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Grady Pratt

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Larry Gibbons ( Acting police chief / negotiator )

Reason for Report: The police caught us mid-raid at the Club so we took the owner hostage. After negotiating for a bit we came to an agreement. The cops would allow us to leave the Club and take the hostage with us as a guarantee of free passage. After confirming that no cops were not following us we would then drop the hostage off and text his location to 911.*Note: I told the Police Chief that if any cops tried to follow us / setup roadblocks / do anything to impede our getaway, we would EXECUTE the hostage.

So we walk out of the Club with the hostage at gunpoint and we put the hostage in our car while myself and @Swift get in aswell. Our other 2 guys @Dimitri and Brian get into their truck. We drive off to find a place to drop the hostage (as agreed) and realize our 2 guys in the truck were killed (then revived) and then arrested. We then make MULTIPLE attempts to make contact with the police to inform them to let our guys or we would execute the hostage, whom we still had (including resorting to making adverts). Despite this attempt, ALL of our communications were ignored.

I can only assume that @Larry Gibbons was giving orders, since he was the Police Chief and negotiator. @Larry Gibbons committed FailRP when he allowed (or instructed) the cops to open fire on and then arrest 2 of our men, while WE STILL HAD THE HOSTAGE. These actions illustrate how the Police Chief had NO VALUE FOR THE HOSTAGE'S LIFE (Since they basically killed the hostage themselves by not comply with our agreed upon negotiations).

It is very annoying that we had to waste so much of a players time having him as hostage because the Police Force (Larry Gibbons) cannot roleplay properly...

More than anything I am confused... It appeared that Larry was commited to RPing, but then all of a sudden he turns and throws RP down the drain? We will be wanting compensation for the weapons lost...

Time of Occurrence: 5 pm EST
Evidence to support your claim: Unfortunately, my computer froze after I closed Gmod and corrupted the save file of the recording. However, a video is not necessary as the situation happened exactly as I stated above. Even the hostage (who was pissed that the cops were FailRPing) can confirm.
Additional members involved/witnessing: @vincent-goudsblom (The Hostage) The Cartel members listed above. @Blacjac ( officer who allowed me to list him as a witness)

*Note: Later talking OOC with @Dimitri he told me quote, "He was power hungry, telling me he was gonna ban me if I didn't stop resisting". ( referring to @Larry Gibbons ) @Dimitri even told the police chief himself that we still had the hostage. @Larry Gibbons ignored him showing no intent to roleplay.

Last edited:

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Alright sir, lets begin. When you left the club with the hostage, my men were at the hospital and I was driving back to the police station when I hear a call over the radio that an officer who was responding to a disturbance call was killed at industrial while a spike strip was being deployed to prevent another man from escape. At that time, I rushed over to the industrial sector but was cut off by a man wielding a shotgun at me, shooting. I returned fire and knocked him out. When the medics arrived, they revived him and we took him back to the jail and charged him accordingly.

I can only assume that @Larry Gibbons was giving orders, since he was the Police Chief and negotiator. @Larry Gibbonscommitted FailRP when he allowed (or instructed) the cops to open fire on and then arrest 2 of our men, while WE STILL HAD THE HOSTAGE.
Never did I instruct, nor authorize anyone to come after you, as I informed the other officers that the hostage was still not secured. This is a baseless accusation with no evidence to back it up, so please do not make false accusations that you have no way of knowing nor proving.

"He was power hungry, telling me he was gonna ban me if I didn't stop resisting"
I never said this to anyone, please provide proof and evidence to support this false accusation.

It seems as though you are trying to form a case against me for some odd reason that you think I am trying to break the rules. My job as a staff member is to enforce the rules and ensure the roleplay for the server remains in accordance with them. The reason you do not have any direct evidence of me breaking any rules, is because I do not break the rules. I always roleplay within the limits and boundaries of the server rules. So next time you make an accusation, please bring some evidence to support your claims.

On another note, I do not believe you understand the definition of FailRP. You have made two false allegations against me that I have FailRP'ed, both which have no valid evidence to support the claims, because both are not cases of FailRP. Please rid yourself of your bias against me and get on with yourself. I am tired of this charade.

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@Larry Gibbons I wrote this report based on what I was told by our guys you arrested. My bad If I got some details wrong, but I understandably just assumed you guys arrested them on purposed (given that past situations with the PD have mostly all ended with FailRP on the side of the police).

Never did I instruct, nor authorize anyone to come after you, as I informed the other officers that the hostage was still not secured. This is a baseless accusation with no evidence to back it up, so please do not make false accusations that you have no way of knowing nor proving.

This still doesn't explain why the police didn't value the hostages life. We held the hostage for the maximum time while sending multiple communications to the police trying to setup a trade (The hostage for our men). The police made NO attempt to secure the safety of the hostage after he left your sight.

Last edited:

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Yes he can, its his character

You are trolling me. The police chief cannot roleplay not caring about the life of a hostage. Why do you think the police negotiate at bank robberies? It is because they have to value the hostage's life...

Using your logic, the police could just walk into the bank, without saying anything, and open fire on everyone (including the hostages). If you are completely serious right now, then you have no idea what roleplay is.

Skull Hunter (Dr. Pepper)

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You are trolling me. The police chief cannot roleplay not caring about the life of a hostage. Why do you think the police negotiate at bank robberies? It is because they have to value the hostage's life...

Using your logic, the police could just walk into the bank, without saying anything, and open fire on everyone (including the hostages). If you are completely serious right now, then you have no idea what roleplay is.
Been roleplaying for 5 years in Garrysmod Serious RP.
He has developed a character that has value for justice, and he did what his character would do in that situation. This isnt DarkRP, here, people develop their characters to make choices based on their life in character

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Been roleplaying for 5 years in Garrysmod Serious RP.
He has developed a character that has value for justice, and he did what his character would do in that situation. This isnt DarkRP, here, people develop their characters to make choices based on their life in character

So Larry's justice = (purposely) letting an innocent hostage die? You see how you cannot win this argument? This is because I am using logic, while I am not too sure that you are...

Last edited:

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

First of all, you are both wrong and right in your own ways. Technically, a Police Chief CAN have a reason to not care about the life of a hostage, BUT it would be against his role as the Police Chief to not act appropriately in that manner. During the entire situation, my focus was on the hostage and the takers and trying to get him back safely. Just because some of my officers went against my word does not mean that I FailRP'ed. Technically, if I have a valid reason to (ie. police involved shooting), I could care less about the hostage because the life of my officer is in danger. There are priorities and sometimes you have to make IC sacrifices and difficult choices. That is the job of a police officer, in real life and in this game. Arguing that I FailRP'ed in this case in itself is redundant because the discretion of roleplay with this specific scenario was all over the place.

The police chief cannot roleplay not caring about the life of a hostage.
Yes he can, its his character
This is only applicable with a valid roleplay reason. If a Chief just doesn't care about an innocent hostage taken at gunpoint without any reason for his decision, then the Chief is incompetent and commits the act of misconduct. Now, instead of calling it FailRP, we can treat it ICly and consider it misconduct in office. This is where a police whitelist is very important, this would allow us to filter through from the bad and good police officers. Instead of a ban request for failRP, you roleplay even further and make a police complaint against them, which could have further strain then a ban against their character. Loss of Rank > Access to the server. One is indefinite, one is temporary (unless ya get permabanned).

So, even if I did not value the life of the hostage and chose to persue the hostage takers, which I did not; it would be considered official police misconduct. Without a whitelist though, the only thing that could happen is the Mayor demotes the Chief, but that usually never happens, or the Chief gets banned for FailRP.

Felgroove

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

From the Staff Report rules thread:
Only the involved people in the Abuse Report may reply to their thread. Others replies will be deleted and you will receive warning points. This counts for staff members too.

This is the last time I'll let people off for breaking the rules - from this point onwards, warning points will be handed out.

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You are right, a police officer should value the life of a hostage to the full extent of his power, However there is no rule against the opposite.
I respect that you are attempting to improve the roleplay aspect of Monolith RP, as am I, However filing a report that doesn't display anyone breaking any rules is not helpful.
However all you are really doing is causing an argument on the forums and wasting staff time.

The fact is cops can get away with just about anything except from breaking rules, there is no enforced cop procedures or policies which is something that needs to be changed. However it has not.

I get your point, however it does not apply to this situation. All the police chief had to do (in order to save the hostage) was respond to our messages. Instead, he choose to ignore them, purposely letting the hostage die, which is essentially RDM. Killing the hostage for no reason. Larry made NO attempt to save the hostages life... I'm not sure how many times I must repeat this for you to understand.

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You don't have to repeat it at all, him not responding is not really comparable to RDM, as much as I get your point.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but with the results of the hostage situation, the chief might as well have just killed the hostage himself...

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Larry made NO attempt to save the hostages life...

You are simply lying now. By negotiating with you, that proves my attempt at trying to save the hostages life. You do not have evidence to prove that I have FailRP'ed and you are simply dragging this out more then what it should have been. I am sorry, but I know I did everything I could possibly do in this situation. Now, unless you have further evidence to provide, proving that I have broken a rule, I will cease to further comment on this thread.

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You are simply lying now. By negotiating with you, that proves my attempt at trying to save the hostages life. You do not have evidence to prove that I have FailRP'ed and you are simply dragging this out more then what it should have been. I am sorry, but I know I did everything I could possibly do in this situation. Now, unless you have further evidence to provide, proving that I have broken a rule, I will cease to further comment on this thread.

Sorry, NO attempt to save the hostages life... (after he left your sight) *I said this above

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Report declined. You can not simply 'assume' that Larry didn't care for the hostages life. You don't know what he was up to or what his other officers were up to after they let you go. The police has to do their job - and that includes patrolling and responding to 911 calls. If there was a 911 call - or a patrolling officer near you - then you just had bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.