Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a simple tool to help players calculate appropriate sentences based on the official Laws of the City.

rJqWaU6.png

You can access it from the following URL:
https://apecengo.github.io/monolithrc/police/calculator/

Features
  • List of all the charges with jail and fine amounts
    • Disclaimer: not official!
  • Instant search
  • (optional) Progressive Web App: you can install it on your computer by clicking on the
    HXOGsLl.png
    plus button next to the bookmark (Chrome only?)
    • No need to update it manually!
Roadmap
  • Calculator
    • Add calculation of prison and fine amount by selecting charges
    • Add more explanation to certain charges (individual modal window?)
    • Add "no results" text
    • Make more responsive
  • Add guides and general useful information

The tool in question is open source, and I plan on updating it when I have time.
Please check it out and give me some feedback! Did you like it? How does it compare to the spreadsheets? Would you add anything?

Hope to hear from you! Thanks.

frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

This is great! The only nitpick I particularly have is that Unauthorized Photography in Public Places is not a law in the US. It is legal to photograph or videotape anything and anyone on any public property, within reasonable community standards. I feel since Monolith is aiming to imitate those laws that I would be less inclined to penalize someone for it. It isn't even mentioned in the Laws of the City, however I feel in my humble opinion you can photograph whatever as long as you are in public.

My 2 cents lol, not trying to be petty just nitpicking :)

Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This is great! The only nitpick I particularly have is that Unauthorized Photography in Public Places is not a law in the US. It is legal to photograph or videotape anything and anyone on any public property, within reasonable community standards. I feel since Monolith is aiming to imitate those laws that I would be less inclined to penalize someone for it. It isn't even mentioned in the Laws of the City, however I feel in my humble opinion you can photograph whatever as long as you are in public.

Well, I agree with you, but for now I'm just trying to mimic the Laws of the City post by Rommel.

Inside the Human and Civil Rights Act of 2016:
1. It is an offence to take a picture of someone in a public place, if they have explicitly informed you that you have no consent to do so.

Punishment: A max fine of up to $2000 dollars.

2. It is an offence to take a picture of someone in a private place, unless they have explicitly informed you that you have consent to do so.

Punishment: A max fine of up to $2000 dollars.

It may change for the Monoford update, but not sure yet.

frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Ah I see I've been mistaken!

xWaller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Cool addition you could add, in my opinion. Where it says "Traffic", "Human and civil rights", "NARCOTICS, ILLICIT WEAPONS, AND FIREARMS", etc etc. you could make those like dropdown menu's so its easier navigation and not such a big list open at one time.

KyZac21

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Question: why is Possession (Class A) less of a jail sentence then Possession (Class B) when possession class b is a handgun and Possesion class A is an class 3 firearm you could say or a primary, I feel it should be more time as possesion of class A since its a big gun, etc.

Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Question: why is Possession (Class A) less of a jail sentence then Possession (Class B) when possession class b is a handgun and Possesion class A is an class 3 firearm you could say or a primary, I feel it should be more time as possesion of class A since its a big gun, etc.

I didn't even notice! I just copy the values from the Laws of the City post. I'll tell Rommel.

Louis Sanderzon

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hey, I love this, I would like translate for the french server. Can you help me.

SwimmingBird

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

This is amazing, now we just gotta make it so cops have to follow this to arrest people