Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

This has happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks of playing monolith. While doing hostage situations I would lose connection to the server for a couple of hours making me not able to log in even though i'm in the middle of RP. I've tried resetting my router/computer and it still wont let me connect to a server for x amount of time. Please help me fix this issue. I can provide a clip if need be.

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Are you able to join another server after you get disconnected, or is it completely your end.

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Are you able to join another server after you get disconnected, or is it completely your end.
i’m able to join other servers and as well as play other multiplayer games but i can not connect to monolith

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i’m able to join other servers and as well as play other multiplayer games but i can not connect to monolith
Strange, thought it was just me, had the same happen to me a few times while mining. I was disconnected and i thought the server crashed as my videos and stuff didnt lose connection.

I would also like to know the reason behind this.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

It could be a number of things. It’s very common for people to not have their routers updated to the correct firmware. First, check on that.

Secondly, the server is based on Houston, Texas, make sure your steam settings include somewhere around here if that even matters.

Third(ly?) It could have an issue to do with port forwarding? I’m not exactly knowledgeable on this stuff, but if you port forward the server you’d have a much better, stable connection.
Other than that, I’m not quite sure. Make sure firewall isn’t blocking any sort of connection to garrys mod or a certain IP.

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

It could be a number of things. It’s very common for people to not have their routers updated to the correct firmware. First, check on that.

Secondly, the server is based on Houston, Texas, make sure your steam settings include somewhere around here if that even matters.

Third(ly?) It could have an issue to do with port forwarding? I’m not exactly knowledgeable on this stuff, but if you port forward the server you’d have a much better, stable connection.
Other than that, I’m not quite sure. Make sure firewall isn’t blocking any sort of connection to garrys mod or a certain IP.
Currently I have not experienced it anymore for some reason , like 2 days after posting this post it hasn’t happened since nor have I changed anything major or even minor. So i’m still confused on what the issue is , is it my side ?

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Currently I have not experienced it anymore for some reason , like 2 days after posting this post it hasn’t happened since nor have I changed anything major or even minor. So i’m still confused on what the issue is , is it my side ?
It’s definitely on your side of things since mostly everyone else has no issues. Could be your routers firmware. But since it’s not happening anymore I’ll move this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.