Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Orrin
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22329608
Your Character Name: Maxie Owe

Ban Length: 1 week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Code Monkey

Ban Reason: LTAP, Staff Disrespect
Unban Reason: I wasn't leaving to avoid punishment; there was no sit or anything. The admin in game, I'm assuming Code Monkey, pulled me aside before the Purge event because I said the event was retarded (in local voice, not in OOC or somehow broadcasted) The PD and I were talking about what we didn't like about the PD, when PMX came by and told us if we wanted to be demoted to be in the event, then stand against a certain wall in PD. Then he changed his mind, and said to go to the meeting room to get demoted. Then we all just got demoted anyway. Retarded is a pretty harsh word, but I was frustrated with the event and the lack of communication from staff. Code Monkey just asked me what I said, and I told him what I and PMX said. He told me that all cops were getting demoted, and if I didn't like the event I could sit in spawn and do nothing for half an hour. I said that was too boring, because it's literally doing nothing, so I left. Again, retarded was too harsh of a word and I could've explained what I meant, but there was really no point and I wasn't trying to leave to avoid punishment. I didn't think there was going to be any punishment, plenty of people were voicing their opinion about the event and they received no ban or actual punishment, just a response from staff in OOC.

Time of Occurrence: 3/30/2019
Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

I would like to state that we communicated fairly effectively prior to the event. We had made close to 35+ announcements going over everything in chat. And if people wanted to participate in the event, then yes we'd have to demote them.

Whether you had an opinion or not, the event was hosted to give people a chance for 30 minutes to kill and break rules we normally enforce to get it our of their system, and if you did not want to participate and did not want to disconnect from the server we set up a safe zone to stay in till the event ended.

We shut down reports, EMS, the FD, and the PD for the time being because it'd be unfair if cops who were unaware of the event tried to stop what was going on and keep getting killed and paying death fee's, and confusing it as RDM, when it really was the Purge event. If you felt the event was "retarded" and we "poorly communicated" then you have the freedom of speech, but you should be a bit more respectful about it. I am sure you could have come off nicer by saying "Can we get better clarification on what we need to do before this event, please? I did not see the messages" instead of "This Purge is retarded". What looks better?

Anywho, this is Code's appeal, but I was present when he issued this punishment and felt this should be addressed as we did make it extremely aware as to what was happening, and also to shed light on why we made those decisions so the event was not an absolute mess.

WhiteSkeleton

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The PD and I (Sheriff) were told by PMX that we would only be demoted if we went to a specific location to be demoted. I was only irritated because I had gotten Sheriff in a 90+ player count time, and then I was told that I could keep it through the Purge and resume police work afterwards. Not even two minutes after PMX told us to go to a location if we wanted to get demoted, the entire PD got demoted while we were still inside. Code Monkey (assumingly) told us that everyone was getting demoted, contrary to what PMX had just told us to do. That's the confusion in communications I'm referring to. I joined right before you guys started demoting everyone, so I didn't really know what was going on.

I left because I didn't want to sit in spawn and do nothing for 30 minutes. Also, to be fair, I was asking in OOC what the PD was supposed to do, and what whether or not we were getting demoted before PMX came and talked to us, and I didn't get a response. I asked a few other questions, I don't remember what they were, but I did not get a response. I wasn't publicly broadcasting that staff is retarded, I said in local voice that the event was retarded to vent my frustration. I did not intend to offend any staff, I didn't say it in OOC or directly to any staff. I would've been fine with talking about what I disagreed with, but I don't think it's the time when the event is starting. I'm still just going to have to sit there and do nothing during the event.

I did exactly what you said; I didn't want to just sit in a safe zone, so I disconnected. I don't see that as LTAP.

Code Monkey

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I can’t really remember the exact details of this situation. I know for a fact I wouldn’t have banned you for calling the event retarded though. I know what you said was towards the staff team. Anyways, because I cannot remember the exact situation I will go ahead and accept this appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.